Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Magic with Feudal Chivalry
Candidly, I'm not sure I'm interested if this is closed draft (which had been my understanding when I posted interest). Again, happy to bow out regardless to defer to Jhereg.

Closed draft?

Open draft: players post their kingdom selections here in order.

Closed draft: picks are send to moderator confidentially. You don't know who has which kingdom, only your teammates and maybe deduction based on draft order and pick you didn't get.

So we are just waiting on the confirmation of the remaining two players in Team 4?

(05-07-2015, 11:03 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 10:09 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: You will know what three Kingdoms are not taken on T0, when you look at the enemy/ally chart.

I personally kind of like this.

I also think that knowing what Kingdoms are selected will definitely be an influence on the later draft picks.  It's basically a small consolation to the 11th and 12th picks that they will at least know who is absent in the game.  With Chivalry being in this game (early picks, +25,000 gold), I think it's appropriate to do it openly, myself.

But that's just an opinion and I'm not even sure I'm in this game, so take it for what it's worth. Smile

The problem I have with open draft is the game now becomes a full diplomacy game.  We know who will draft when and what team they are on so there is no way to disguise the teams other than to make the draft it self not open.   If it is full diplomacy then we will have NAP except now half the players can not attack each other and when you goto attack someone likely the team would look for an ally so now half the board is attacking a quarter of the board.  This is kind of the same thinking why warlords is basically never an open diplomacy game.
I do not mind knowing who is on what team or actually who they are playing but I think making a game of only 4 teams full diplomacy and not semi-anon(only talk amount your team mate) would make for a bad gaming environment.  Generally though I prefer not to know who is playing what team in an anon game though to help keep things more honest since this has always been a potential sore spot about anon games.
I agree with JF

OK, no worries, I will definitely bow out and let Cloud captain team 4.

(05-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Stromguard Wrote: So we are just waiting on the confirmation of the remaining two players in Team 4?

Yes then we draft and the game should form sometime this weekend,

Yeah let's hope. A Mother's Day gift for the guys haha

(05-09-2015, 12:31 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: OK, no worries, I will definitely bow out and let Cloud captain team 4.

OK, I don't want to complicate things . . . but (if everyone is willing):

I will join with HeadHoncho and then we can take whoever was left out and there can be a full 15 kingdom, 5 team, Magic game.

Since game 161 ended, I either have to reduce a slot while I finish my last Warlord game or I can join a game.  Was thinking that rather than leave a couple of players out we can make this a 15 player Magic game.

Is everyone OK with this?  [If even one person doesn't want to alter what you guys have going it is no problem at all for me. I can bow out.]

Is HeadHoncho willing to be on a team with me?

If so, who is our third?  Jhereg?  Or someone else?
Lord Thanatos

I for one would not mind 5 teams of 3 .. would be an interesting wrinkle. So I vote to let LT form a team ..

We are also for the closed draft format by the way.

Our team is Nicodemus, Hawk , and Taltos.