Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What New High Council Issue?
(12-16-2013, 01:24 AM)Iatronas Wrote: I like the raise / lower defenses of a particular region by 1000. I like having both..

I would like to see the order to trade seats not able to occur after a vote to remove has been posted.

Ideas:
Changing the cost of magic research might be more challenging to code, but I could see +/- 500 or so.
Another possibility is a "Trial for War Crimes" where a particular Kingdom's king is placed on trial and that counts as their sole action for a turn. (not really any outcome is expected as most political courts behave)
Reward for service rendered: an extra brigade of veterans (or even a Kingdom brigade) granted at the capital (like reinforcements)! Could be quite powerful.

The Tournament idea sounds like a good US - not involving multiple Kingdoms. I could see a reciprocal King order set for two allied Kingdoms to hold a Tournament - holding a "mock' battle between two groups, but with no potential risk of leader/wizard loss, but they gain morale / leader levels / gold in some fashion for winning.

I like your summon the King before the HC idea. It would kind of be like a sleep spell for a turn.

-Exact tribute from named Kingdom, so maybe the victim kingdom has to pay a cash penalty to the 5 council members? It's a lot like how real life councils are run. I think a similar thing happened with the Delian league in Greece.

-Commend/condemn military leaders of named kingdom: All military leaders gain/lose a rank.

-Embargo named kingdom: All fleets of that kingdom are prevented from patrolling or transporting troops. The kingdom is also prohibited from trading of all kinds.

A few ideas:

- Declare the heir illegitimate: Reduce the Highest Ranking Emmisary by 1 rank
- Standing Army Taxes: All Kingoms pay a tax based on their military strength (not brigade based so that trolls aren't overly penalized)
- Border Patrol: Movement cost for all non-dragon brigades over plains increased by 1
- Imperial Roads: Movement cost for all non-dragon brigades over plains decreased by 1
- Outlaw Magic in Region___: Casting spells in the named region have a 66% chance of reducing regional reaction
- Imperial Conscription: All kingdoms gain 10% attrition to their 1st Group due to the departure of conscripts

All of these issues could be later revoked/reversed.

I think it would also be fun to make some things available on the high council that would require unanimous decisions to get through, but would be potentially more damaging or rewarding.
-The Deliverer

Vote to legalize behavior or certain types of things. This would nullify certain skeletons.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN