Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5743 No Quit Game
Greetings friends and welcome to game 5743
This is a partial diplomacy game which means diplomacy is only by the forum. No private communications specific to this game are allowed outside of this forum.

With that being said, I would like to introduce a new player,  Bob McLain, who is playing AT in Zamora.  I will be answering generic questions for Bob to help him get going but nothing specific to this game.

Bob feel free to introduce yourself and ask questions on the forum all you like.  There is a thread for new players and another for general questions.  Questions and conversations for things specific to this game should be asked on this thread.

Players often offer deals to tax their starting pop centers in someone else's region.  I expect we may see some of that in this thread soon.

Greetings from the Wolf Pack.  It's good to see so many other evil types.  The pack will not be lonely.

Giant - Hey big guy I have a small outpost in your region and the folks that live there would like to vacate before you stomp it.  Say by turn 4?

Dark Elves, same for you but the outpost is a bit bigger. 

When is the next full moon?

(11-29-2023, 08:51 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Greetings friends and welcome to game 5743
This is a partial diplomacy game which means diplomacy is only by the forum. No private communications specific to this game are allowed outside of this forum.

With that being said, I would like to introduce a new player,  Bob McLain, who is playing AT in Zamora.  I will be answering generic questions for Bob to help him get going but nothing specific to this game.

Bob feel free to introduce yourself and ask questions on the forum all you like.  There is a thread for new players and another for general questions.  Questions and conversations for things specific to this game should be asked on this thread.

Players often offer deals to tax their starting pop centers in someone else's region.  I expect we may see some of that in this thread soon.

Greetings from the Wolf Pack.  It's good to see so many other evil types.  The pack will not be lonely.

Giant - Hey big guy I have a small outpost in your region and the folks that live there would like to vacate before you stomp it.  Say by turn 4?

I appreciate the introduction. I am indeed playing the Atlanteans, though it's probably better to say that I'm learning to play the Atlanteans, since my last game of Alamaze took place in 1985, or thereabouts, and any wisdom gained from that experience I lost long ago.

So, in essence, this is my first game, and I'm eager to learn the ropes and especially eager to meet all of you, whether friend or foe.

Were any of you around in the 1980s or early 1990s? Maybe we met in another game. I used to publish a PBM magazine (Gaming Universal, early 1980s) and later another one (the American edition of Flagship, early 1990s). I played most of the "big" games of the era, from Starweb and Earthwood and Feudal Lords to Tribes of Crane and Starmaster and Beyond the Stellar Empire. I haven't played anything in quite awhile. It feels good to be back.

Hey Bob, I'm not in this game, but I did play Earthwood in that era, maybe ending by '86 or '87. I played Alamaze, too, but it was $7? a turn? Pricy for a kid working at Pizza Hut.

I think you will find the price, turnaround time, and order mechanism now infinitely better. Maybe not 40 years better... But still, this is a great game and I'm glad I returned. My kids joke that people learned the guitar, a foreign language, or cooked sourdough bread during the pandemic, and their Dad learned Alamaze.

I'm sure we'll mix it up sooner or later. Bill

(11-29-2023, 10:42 PM)Pine Needle Wrote: Hi, Bill -

I remember those high turn fees. And don't forget the set-up fees. And the cost of the rulebook. And the ridiculous phone bills. I knew a guy in Schubel's Tribes of Crane - Terry Tallman, but there were others like him - who boasted of paying upwards of $100 per turn, most of that spent on "special actions." The not-so-good old days.

I'm loving what I see so far about Alamaze. Once I'm on the down-slope of the learning curve, it'll get even better.

Oh, yeah: we Atlanteans welcome contact with the dry peoples. We're fun, we're friendly. Calm seas to all.

Welcome back, Bill. A lot of us date from the 80's Alamaze game, and Feudal Lords and etc.... Look forward to gaming with you.

The bad news is that you have a learning curve and therefore some disadvantage in your first game back.

The good news is that most veterans will leave you alone for a while (I would think at least 10 turns) so you can develop your kingdom and get a feel for the game.
Obviously, that courtesy ends if you do the attacking lol.

Good luck and good gaming.

Welcome Bill, have a great game. Myself and Strylin played back around 1988 as a kid and came back a few years ago, and its been a blast, look forward to seeing you in future games.

Welcome, played awhile back also. Have fun. Feel free to ask question. Smile

IL-EL I have a town in your region, I will tax in a couple of turns. If want coordinates let me know.

IL-DK I have a village in your region, I will tax, VBall let me know if you want coords.

I'm Bill! Bob is the new guy.

You can tell I'm not the new guy because DuPont attacked me on turn 3 in that other game!

Welcome Bob, I am sure you will love all the changes that Alamaze has gone through over the years.

I started just over a year ago, never having played Alamaze and it can take a few games to get up to speed, but I feel it is worth the effort.

Good luck and hopefully this will be the first of many games.

(11-29-2023, 08:51 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Greetings friends and welcome to game 5743

GI - LY, I don’t have a PC in your region to “swap” but sounds good by turn #4

(11-30-2023, 11:25 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: Welcome Bob, I am sure you will love all the changes that Alamaze has gone through over the years.

I started just over a year ago, never having played Alamaze and it can take a few games to get up to speed, but I feel it is worth the effort.

Good luck and hopefully this will be the first of many games.
I used to also do the Alamaze PBM back in the 80s & 90s.  I think this is my 5th game now.

Definitely a bit of a learning curve but probably should have read more closely on entering orders.

I do like the fact that games will now process after everyone has hit “ready” and you can see the progress and plan accordingly.  Compared to checking the mailbox it is much better.