Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5663 - Full Diplomacy

QUESTION: Since I ordered this attack to take place (unless the Lizard player also ordered the attack to take place, also), why does it state that the withdrawing force (me, the Dwarves) was surprised by the battle?

(09-10-2023, 03:05 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: 2 drops, both new players. Never did a turn.

Also, lest I forget, the Alamaze forum did get a visit from a former veteran player, Yellowbeard, several hours ago.

He didn't sign up for a game of Alamaze, while he was here, but I take his visit here as a hopeful sign that he might be back, in due time.

Hey Brek I think the player aids are off. I know there is always an element of chance but I should have been well in the green on a political and unusual encounter and lost both.

Could just be super bad luck but I think the player aid was over estimating my chances

I will check into it, i actually had the same issue this last turn

(09-10-2023, 05:21 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 03:05 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: 2 drops, both new players. Never did a turn.

Also, lest I forget, the Alamaze forum did get a visit from a former veteran player, Yellowbeard, several hours ago.

He didn't sign up for a game of Alamaze, while he was here, but I take his visit here as a hopeful sign that he might be back, in due time.

He will. That's my brother. I told him to come back and give it another try.

(09-12-2023, 12:19 AM)Acererak Wrote: He will. That's my brother. I told him to come back and give it another try.

Superb!

(09-11-2023, 04:15 AM)Calidor Wrote: Hey Brek I think the player aids are off. I know there is always an element of chance but I should have been well in the green on a political and unusual encounter and lost both.

Could just be super bad luck but I think the player aid was over estimating my chances

I definitely think it's overestimating the odds because it's saying I have a MAYBE to Usurp (2 step) a minor city with an Ambassador. On a BAD day Smile

(09-10-2023, 05:18 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
QUESTION: Since I ordered this attack to take place (unless the Lizard player also ordered the attack to take place, also), why does it state that the withdrawing force (me, the Dwarves) was surprised by the battle?

They were caught a little short.

Anyone want to trade?

Food? Gold? Artifacts? Mean words?

(09-21-2023, 11:38 PM)Calidor Wrote: Anyone want to trade?

Food?  Gold? Artifacts?  Mean words?

Maybe. I am in the middle of doing orders for a different game, at the moment, Calidor.