Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standby positions
Hi,

I noticed that the Giants Kingdom in game 5684 is holding for player.

The position has regional control, no declared enemies, game is on turn 10.

If the position is decent is there a way to fill them. Always seems a shame for them to not be played.

Yes if someone outside the game is willing it can be played. Simply post here, or where you interested Zar@shand

I already in the game so are unable to play this one.

But if I did want to play a standby position in another game I wouldn't know where to find that information.

The post was more to highlight that there is what looks like a decent position that has just become available. There maybe somebody interested while waiting for a new game to start.

(08-29-2023, 04:41 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: But if I did want to play a standby position in another game I wouldn't know where to find that information.

That's because that information isn't listed anywhere, though it should be. It should be actively advertised and promoted, in fact.

It's a common issue across PBM games. Positions come open, but there's frequently no timely conveying of what posti9os are available.

I could be convinced to take it over.

Unfortunetly it dropped the position. Going forward we will make this more prominent if we know its going to happen.