Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdoms Taken and the Art of Signing Up

GrimFinger = 3 of 3

Morgan Kane = 2 of 3
Rellgar = 2 of 3

Alexicles = 1 of 3
Calidor = 1 of 3
Calin = 1 of 3
DuPont = 1 of 3
haniasultan = 1 of 3
Jon Deaux = 1 of 3
Windstar = 1 of 3

Let's take a little look at the Alamaze situation, as of today's date (08/23/2023).

Why does it take so long for new games of Alamaze to start? Obviously, it's because it takes so long for enough players to sign up to play them.

Let's forget newcomers to Alamaze, for a moment. Now, tell me why it takes so long for die-hard veterans of Alamaze to get signed up for new games?

Well, it's not because of the current pricing scheme, because currently, it's FREE TO PLAY!

And it's not because of the game's complexity, because die-hard veterans of Alamaze already know how to play the game.

Could it be because of time constraints in their personal lives? Sure. But is it?

Could it be because of burnout? Possibly. But is it?

Could it be due to a lack of new blood, of new competition? That certainly is one possibility. But is it?

You tell me. What is it?

(08-23-2023, 12:56 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: GrimFinger = 3 of 3

Morgan Kane = 2 of 3
Rellgar = 2 of 3

Alexicles = 1 of 3
Calidor = 1 of 3
Calin = 1 of 3
DuPont = 1 of 3
haniasultan = 1 of 3
Jon Deaux = 1 of 3
Windstar = 1 of 3

Let's take a little look at the Alamaze situation, as of today's date (08/23/2023).

Why does it take so long for new games of Alamaze to start? Obviously, it's because it takes so long for enough players to sign up to play them.

Let's forget newcomers to Alamaze, for a moment. Now, tell me why it takes so long for die-hard veterans of Alamaze to get signed up for new games?

Well, it's not because of the current pricing scheme, because currently, it's FREE TO PLAY!

And it's not because of the game's complexity, because die-hard veterans of Alamaze already know how to play the game.

Could it be because of time constraints in their personal lives? Sure. But is it?

Could it be because of burnout? Possibly. But is it?

Could it be due to a lack of new blood, of new competition? That certainly is one possibility. But is it?

You tell me. What is it?

It's lack of free time for me Max.  Family always has to come first.  I would rather play one game well than be playing several and be stressed out about missing turns and messing stuff up. 

If I plan to travel, like a vacation, I find it very difficult to do turns away from the p.c. and I don't have a tablet, just the phone.  Doing turns on a cell phone sucks for me.

I’m tied up on personal junk for a bit. But I’ll be back soon.Smile

(08-23-2023, 02:27 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: It's lack of free time for me Max.  Family always has to come first.  I would rather play one game well than be playing several and be stressed out about missing turns and messing stuff up. 

If I plan to travel, like a vacation, I find it very difficult to do turns away from the p.c. and I don't have a tablet, just the phone.  Doing turns on a cell phone sucks for me.

Not a problem, Wookie Panz. I don't begrudge you your time with your family. I'm just trying to nudge those sitting on the sidelines who are available and could sign up for new games of Alamaze. To grow the player community, the more signs of life, the better.

I'm a desktop PC man, myself, so I get where you're coming from.

I think I'm in every game, save the one vball is in.  But I do get burned out.

(08-23-2023, 03:23 PM)Jon Deaux Wrote: I think I'm in every game, save the one vball is in.  But I do get burned out.

Sure you do. Human beings suffer from burnout caused by virtually anything, if they engage with it, enough.

There ain't no shame, if you've got to step back. Even the biggest stars rely on stunt doubles, at times.

Rest up, Jon Deaux. I don't want you to die from playing Alamaze. I'm just nudging people, that's all.

The forum always needs to have new stuff posted in it, whether any given Alamaze players signs up or not.