Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Are Now Active
Server update went fine and the games are back running again. See my post for more info: http://www.kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/s...1#pid80901

I forgot to mention that if you notice any issues with the new version, please post them on the forum on this thread. And if you have the time, review the kingdom setup files that I posted earlier, especially, if you're in an active game (#84, #5596). The reason why is to see if your wizards may still cast a certain spell, or to see some other change for your kingdom, before submitting your orders for the upcoming turn. For example, in confederation game #84 where it's common to transfer food/gold to your other kingdom, order #215 was changed to include mithril so if you don't put a zero for that column, the #215 transfer order will fail. Those kind of things you need to verify before clicking the Ready button.

(07-25-2022, 08:57 PM)unclemike Wrote: I forgot to mention that if you notice any issues with the new version, please post them on the forum on this thread. And if you have the time, review the kingdom setup files that I posted earlier, especially, if you're in an active game (#84, #5596). The reason why is to see if your wizards may still cast a certain spell, or to see some other change for your kingdom, before submitting your orders for the upcoming turn. For example, in confederation game #84 where it's common to transfer food/gold to your other kingdom, order #215 was changed to include mithril so if you don't put a zero for that column, the #215 transfer order will fail. Those kind of things you need to verify before clicking the Ready button.

Minor point, but the SA narrative talks about being based in Amberland.

UncleMike

So, one of the benefits on the SA setup is that a High Priestess can take actions on turn 3, while other kingdoms have to wait until turn 4. Thus, I hired 2 maidens on turn 1, expecting to advance on turn 2 and use them as priestesses on turn 3. However, turn 2 would not let me do the test as it was too early. Maybe I should have ignored the warning, but I could not afford to waste any orders that early.
Anyway, SA cannot act with a HP on turn 3 if the maidens cannot advance on turn 2.

Thanks

(07-30-2022, 02:49 AM)VballMichael Wrote: UncleMike

So, one of the benefits on the SA setup is that a High Priestess can take actions on turn 3, while other kingdoms have to wait until turn 4. Thus, I hired 2 maidens on turn 1, expecting to advance on turn 2 and use them as priestesses on turn 3. However, turn 2 would not let me do the test as it was too early. Maybe I should have ignored the warning, but I could not afford to waste any orders that early.
Anyway, SA cannot act with a HP on turn 3 if the maidens cannot advance on turn 2.

Thanks

Where on the Sacred Order setup does it say that?

(08-01-2022, 02:12 AM)unclemike Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 02:49 AM)VballMichael Wrote: UncleMike

Thanks

Where on the Sacred Order setup does it say that?

It doesn't. I guess I read it on Rick's matrix, and wrote it on my piece of paper, but maybe it didn't end up happening this way. I guess I notice that lots of this didn't go this way.

Devout  Only Devout can hire noble maidens or build temples, and therefore only Devout will have the ability to train a High Priestess.   However, other kingdoms can capture or kidnap a High Priestess from a kingdom and gain access to her powers.  All High Priestess actions cost 7000 gold .  Only Devout can hire fanatics, which have +10 points to both success and cornering (chance of being captured or wounded).  Fanatics never reveal the kingdom they work for when captured, unlike agents who reveal their kingdom 50% of the time when captured.  Kingdoms that are not Devout might begin with a fanatic but cannot hire fanatics.  • Devout kingdoms have -2 to the default maximum trainable agent level and +1000 to magic research cost. • Fanatics may train to +2 levels over default.  (If default training max for agents is level 11, Devout kingdoms can train agents to level 9, and fanatics to level 13).   • They have only two skeletons in the closet. • They gain the Providence, Lesser Angel, Avenging Angel, and Arch Angel spells. • HP can cast Valor, Fear or Shield as P3 at range 3, at 7000 gold HP order.  At Great Temple, range is 5. • Begins with a temple and noble maiden at the capital. • An HP can begin acting on T3 (instead of T4). • Declared Enemies get -3 morale in Devout kingdom-controlled regions if they are Suspicious or 5 morale if Hostile per turn the group is in the region instead of the normal morale reductions for Suspicious / Hostile regions. • Range of Bless becomes 5 (from 8). 

People write all kinds of stuff on the forum. The only reliable and trustworthy source of information is from Uncle Mike's Corner. Especially, regarding a new release. So, please do not go by what else you may have read, either on the forum or in an email from another player. Go by my posts only.

Possible flying issue, possible player stupidity. Game 5625, Giants.

My Giants picked up some nice flying red bats artifact but I cannot find a fly order anywhere on the turn entry site. When I use 720 to move 7 squares, it says my troops are exhausted. And yes, it is division or smaller. And yes, I have cleared my browser cache. From other games, I feel like a 727 order existed for flying.

Can't find it in movement or special or anywhere else, but I may be blind. Or maybe Giants do require the big Roc.

(08-04-2022, 03:40 AM)VballMichael Wrote: Possible flying issue, possible player stupidity. Game 5625, Giants.

My Giants picked up some nice flying red bats artifact but I cannot find a fly order anywhere on the turn entry site. When I use 720 to move 7 squares, it says my troops are exhausted. And yes, it is division or smaller. And yes, I have cleared my browser cache. From other games, I feel like a 727 order existed for flying.

Can't find it in movement or special or anywhere else, but I may be blind. Or maybe Giants do require the big Roc.

Fly is under “other”. Must be some large bats

(08-04-2022, 09:02 AM)uncledarkside2 Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 03:40 AM)VballMichael Wrote: Possible flying issue, possible player stupidity. Game 5625, Giants.

Fly is under “other”. Must be some large bats

I'm pretty sure I have done this and the program actually works past the error code.  It other words, you do fly in spite of the error message. It would be a good thing to fix though.