Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regional effect spells
Is the rule for one regional effect spell per region still in effect?
Wondering if i am trying to ruin someone’s bounty spell, if i can cast demonic visions to stop the bounty.
Asking for a friend, please everyone i am playing against assume this does not pertain to you.

(05-27-2020, 09:53 PM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Is the rule for one regional effect spell per region still in effect?
Wondering if i am trying to ruin someone’s bounty spell, if i can cast demonic visions to stop the bounty.
Asking for a friend, please everyone i am playing against assume this does not pertain to you.

Yes, still in effect. I actually stopped my own Bounty spell once when I cast Demonic to punish enemies.

(05-27-2020, 11:00 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 09:53 PM)uncledarkseid Wrote: Is the rule for one regional effect spell per region still in effect?

Yes, still in effect. I actually stopped my own Bounty spell once when I cast Demonic to punish enemies.

Yeah, this is an example of Mike has to interpret what I mean and he is 95% accurate, and when he diverges from what I meant, usually I think that is ok.  But what I want with regional effect spells is not that there can be only one per turn per region, but that any one group can only be effected once. 

Similarly, something like battle magic resistance at 33% was supposed (in my mind anyway) to say the effect is reduced 33%, not that there is a 33% chance it does nothing, else does full damage.   Again, Mike has done remarkably well trying to decipher my scribblings.

(05-27-2020, 11:56 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 11:00 PM)VballMichael Wrote:

Yeah, this is an example of Mike has to interpret what I mean and he is 95% accurate, and when he diverges from what I meant, usually I think that is ok.  But what I want with regional effect spells is not that there can be only one per turn per region, but that any one group can only be effected once. 

Similarly, something like battle magic resistance at 33% was supposed (in my mind anyway) to say the effect is reduced 33%, not that there is a 33% chance it does nothing, else does full damage.   Again, Mike has done remarkably well trying to decipher my scribblings.

It would make more sense to have catagories. Regional group vs. group spells, regional population (bounty, plague, etc.) spells.
Thanks again to everyone for the hard work, love the game.

When it fizzles due to the % fail attempt it will say in report “an anomaly occurred” if another regional spell is active it will say in reports “only one regional Spell can be active”