Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primeval Magic Game
My hangup with Alamaze has always been the wizard kingdoms and I shy away from playing them. I really need to get to learn how to play them. So anyone interested in a magic only game (if that's possible)?

(07-20-2018, 03:23 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: My hangup with Alamaze has always been the wizard kingdoms and I shy away from playing them. I really need to get to learn how to play them. So anyone interested in a magic only game (if that's possible)?

So Druid, Necromancer, Warlock, Sorcerer, Illusionist only?

(07-20-2018, 05:00 PM)Avantar Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 03:23 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: My hangup with Alamaze has always been the wizard kingdoms and I shy away from playing them. I really need to get to learn how to play them. So anyone interested in a magic only game (if that's possible)?

I guess....would that be fair since 4 of them border (regions 1/2/3/4)? I don't know how else to do it though.

(07-20-2018, 05:00 PM)Avantar Wrote:

Count me in

Just give the IL to the least experienced person. IL has huge advantage

I was just thinking of the same concept but the Druid and Necro are really screwed.

Just throwing this out here.. those kingdoms are Teir 1, but if you don’t think the GN DA EL teir 2, and AN DE and RA teir 3 are magic powers you would be mistaken IMO...

The point of this, was that I wanted to play a wizard kingdom, to LEARN how to play them....to try to be competitive in this game....so as to keep from getting my backside handed to me each and every game. I'm not sure what the best combination would be for this type of game, as it doesn't appear to be a good one I guess we can just forget it.

(07-21-2018, 09:21 AM)Mad Hatter Wrote: The point of this, was that I wanted to play a wizard kingdom, to LEARN how to play them....to try to be competitive in this game....so as to keep from getting my backside handed to me each and every game. I'm not sure what the best combination would be for this type of game, as it doesn't appear to be a good one I guess we can just forget it.

Why not try a duel with a kingdom you want to try out.  Post a request for someone to help you learn the position.  The duels are meant to be a learning tool.  It's true they are not the same as a 10 or 12 player game but I think you could pick up some of the nuts and bolts of the position.

(07-21-2018, 01:17 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:21 AM)Mad Hatter Wrote: The point of this, was that I wanted to play a wizard kingdom, to LEARN how to play them....to try to be competitive in this game....so as to keep from getting my backside handed to me each and every game. I'm not sure what the best combination would be for this type of game, as it doesn't appear to be a good one I guess we can just forget it.

Why not try a duel with a kingdom you want to try out.  Post a request for someone to help you learn the position.  The duels are meant to be a learning tool.  It's true they are not the same as a 10 or 12 player game but I think you could pick up some of the nuts and bolts of the position.

This very true, I did a few early on and it really helped me understand some kingdoms advantages and limitations...