Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocated capitals
Please fix the relocating capital issue. So tired of losing princes to a 330 at a capital when it was just a town when the order was issued....

VBM: Not sure I understand the problem?

You issue a 330 and gain control of the PC, then your opponent issues a 355 to move their capital to that PC. Wouldn't the relocation fail because the PC is no longer controlled by your opponent?

....or is that the problem?
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

The capital is taken by a 150 order by another kingdom which then causes it to be relocated. You just happen to have your Prince at that newly re-located capital (it was just a normal town at the start of the turn) attempting a 330 order. It fails and your prince is imprisoned because you can't Usurp a capital. You lose your Prince with no fault of your own.

I do not know if I see that as a bug...

A turn is a month, so early in the month, the old capital gets attacked and the King moves to the new town and brings his Royal Guard. A few days/weeks later, your Prince sets up a town meeting to try and sway the population. The King's royal guard comes in and squashes the rebellion in the town square.

I have held off having my emissary perform actions many times before to prevent this very thing from happening. I have also (on many occasions) took a wild guess as to where a capital was moving so I could use some of my emissaries and not use the ones where the capital "might" be moving.
The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze

Hard to move a cap secretly. My prince would not start his diplomacy at a capital. And I have also held up where I am battling someone. But taking a random town where the cap suddenly relocates from across the board? Not a good outcome.

It officially became a bug when the game was changed to announce you have moved to a capitol to prevent this annoying problem from occurring.

I am with Vball Mike on this topic.  This error really annoys me.

Since nobody is getting thrown in jail while intentionally trying to usurp a Capitol why not just make 330 orders at Capitols fail instead of the current result.

(09-06-2016, 08:40 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: It officially became a bug when the game was changed to announce you have moved to a capitol to prevent this annoying problem from occurring.

I am with Vball Mike on this topic.  This error really annoys me.

Since nobody is getting thrown in jail while intentionally trying to usurp a Capitol why not just make 330 orders at Capitols fail instead of the current result.

I'm with you guys on this. A 320/330 at a capital should be an automatic failure and not something that results in the noble gong to prison.

I wouldn't call it a 'bug' so much as an undesirable game feature.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Okay, so now I see what you are saying. A 320/330 should simply fail if the PC is a capital (as opposed to fail and imprisonment).

I still would not consider it a bug, but I can see where it would be undesirable.

I mean, when I try to usurp a neutral city, not knowing that there is a concealed emissary there also trying to usurp control. If I go last, I am now trying to usurp a controlled city as opposed to a neutral city.....it is undesirable, but I would not call that a bug either.
The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze

Agree. Seems like the emissary wouldn't go forward with the usurp or rebel if all of a sudden the king is present and the only result is jail.

This was talked about in a different tread. I think emissary should just abort the order if there is no chance of success.