Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Cycle Updates
(07-31-2015, 12:22 AM)VballMichael Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:41 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Champion Stallions
Gives one patrol +7 MP in addition to any other bonuses and +5 to starting morale of group in possession

So, +7 MP if with a patrol, but really needs to be with a brigade or better if you want the morale boost? Or is "patrol" generic for any group?

And yes, I like the customization and would like the option to give up 20K for an extra point if my setup looks like that might be a good idea.

And I assume we assign where these all go on turn 1 and are transferrable later? Are they subject to nasty thieves?

Thanks for sharing

Yes, to pretty much everything you asked.  The Champion Stallions are initially assigned to your 1st group, so give that group with brigades +5 morale.  They can then be transferred, but only at the onset (T1) do they provide the morale bonus.  But they give +7 to a patrol, that normally has 25 MP, so now 32, and with Riders trait, more than that.  You want to hunt artifacts, or you like putting your wizards in a patrol, think about it. 
What about anything to benefit a wizard?
(07-31-2015, 12:45 AM)Sinestro Wrote: What about anything to benefit a wizard?

Magical Prowess:

Assured Power  Research $          P4          P3          P2          P1          A
Supremacy                         9             7000                     1                            2             2             2
Mastery                              7             8000                                    1             1             2             2
Advantaged                       6             9000                                                   2             1             2
Standard                             5             10,000                                                1             2             1
Substandard                       4             11,000                                                               2             2
Disadvantaged                  3             12,000                                                               2             1
Non-magical                      2             13,000                                                               1             1

Sorry did not copy formatting correctly.  Magical Prowess is assigned, not customized.

The default actually benefits a wizard very nicely.   Would save you an order and give you 60k to spend.
(07-31-2015, 01:21 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:

The default actually benefits a wizard very nicely.   Would save you an order and give you 60k to spend.

I pretty much measured all the customization options against the 20k gold option, or against 40k for a 2 point option. The gold gives you flexibility, but then, you can't buy the other things you could get with customization. 

I'm hoping its a new strategic decision confronting players at the beginning of the game.  This has to be chosen on turn 1, and then players also must select their Early Strategic Objective and Secret Victory Condition no later than turn 3.
Will the max of 25 influence be increased? And standing orders? Or are they the same
Can you steal the amulets etc?
(07-31-2015, 09:30 AM)Acererak Wrote: Can you steal the amulets etc?

Yes, and they can be traded.  Only the Glyphs are immutable.  They are forever with that PC.
I think I will concede on sharing the 3rd Cycle Kingdom Dossiers.  I believe you all would enjoy it more by discovery, but I can't prevent the internet sharing, and I agree, if anyone at all has access to them, that is a pretty big advantage.

Ulterior motive: I don't mind showing off some of what we have done.   Coming in a couple weeks.
Can you answer my question about influence? What will the max influence be and number of orders to be placed