Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Player Primeval
I'm interested and think I'm inexperienced enough to qualify.

(08-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I think for new players some of the well balanced kingdoms may be a good starting point something like EL DA RA GN and BL   makes for maybe a tight east side but nothing talking to your neighbors could not fix.  practice that diplomacy.

Let's go with this suggestion, so:

High Elves
Dark Elves
Ranger
Gnome
Black Dragon

This is open to non-podium players, recommended for new and new-ish players.  New player Primeval games go a maximum of 24 turns, turns run on the Monday, Friday, Tuesday, Monday schedule.  Full diplomacy, victory is by Rex (controlling four regions) or Lion's Share (accumulated status points) at the end of turn 24.  Players have a choice of the normal $10 setup for Primeval and a game slot in your service level, or a flat $40 charge with no setup charge and keep your slot available.  Players in their first or second game will get an additional 25,000 gold to their starting treasury (Chivalrous).

So, Claim Your Kingdom by posting here - first come, first served.  Telrandir has a spot having committed to the game, but I can't hold a particular kingdom.

I'm in I'll take the High Elves. $40 flat charge. This is my second game.

Maybe if you repositioned the kingdoms. Unfair that you got the BL, RA, and DA right next to each other and gnome, elf all by themselves, maybe start the RA or BL off in Amberland

(08-22-2015, 10:31 PM)Sinestro Wrote: Maybe if you repositioned the kingdoms. Unfair that you got the BL, RA, and DA right next to each other and gnome, elf all by themselves, maybe start the RA or BL off in Amberland

Those are the kingdoms.  Selection has begun.  Claim the Gnomes then if you think they have the advantage.  The East has 4 regions, the West 3.  This is full diplomacy, could end up three vs. two. 

I'll take the Gnomes. This will be my first game. I'll take the $10 setup and service level slot.
Also, what this distinction between podium and non-podium players?

(08-24-2015, 12:28 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I'll take the Gnomes.  This will be my first game.  I'll take the $10 setup and service level slot.

Podium is based on Valhalla rankings. If you had come in 1st 2nd or 3rd your considered a podium players.

If you have questions you do not want to ask in the open forum I am available at maelman57@gmail.com

(08-24-2015, 12:28 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I'll take the Gnomes.  This will be my first game.  I'll take the $10 setup and service level slot.

Podium players are those that have finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a 12 or 15 player game.  We use it mainly to balance games, where podium players get no advantages and everyone else is either in their own game or typically receives the Chivalry advantage of +25.000 starting gold and sometimes kingdom selection preference.  But it is also, a mark of passage. 

Where are the other new players! We need two more!

I'd like to give RA a try!