Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of Elves in Forests!
That's true. However; if people have to pay much more attention to their military because it's much more comprehensive. What will stop players to just start using Emmys more? Less variables to consider. Also along with time/gold.

(06-07-2015, 01:18 AM)YSinestro Wrote: That's true. However; if people have to pay much more attention to their military because it's much more comprehensive. What will stop players to just start using Emmys more? Less variables to consider. Also along with time/gold.

You need to use all of the assests available to you wwith good effect to be victorious. Ignoring your military because it's too complicated it a great way to get beaten. Ignoring your noble court in favor of your military is another risky proposition. 

The point is that if you are going to use your military, you will want to use it wisely. Don't send your dwarves into the swamp unprepared and watch out or elves in the forest!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-06-2015, 10:23 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I love how we will have to seriously take our army composition and terrain into account moving forward. What fantasy general would willingly lead his Dwarves into the marsh to fight Darkelves? In return, it would be a foolish Darkelf general who intentionally grappled with Dwarves in their mountains! Future Dwarves with the conquest of the Eastern Steppes in mind may find themselves seeking out mercenary brigades of Trolls or Eastern Steppes Swamp Runners (you can use that, Rick) to fill out their forces. Darkelves gazing greedily upon the Dwarven peaks may first attract Ogres or hardy Talking Mountains Slingers before venturing north.

Great post LD.

In 166, I was very wary as I entered region 3 hunting for pop centers.  The DW was very good at keeping out of harm's way while he rebuilt his military.  
I was more than surprised when I saw several DW groups return to the Steppes at the end  Big Grin

Great game Dupont!
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?