Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automated Turn Reminder
Would it be better to have the automated turn reminder email you 18 hours before the turn is due instead of the 12 (or 10) hours where it is currently set?

Getting a reminder at 2am Eastern for a turn due in 10 hours is less helpful than getting it at a time when you are sure to see it the night before.

We're all big boys so we shouldn't have to rely on a turn reminder but for those of us in a lot of games it can be a good fail-safe.  If we're going to have the turn reminder in place might as well send it in time for it to be helpful. My $.02
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

I wouldn't mind 18 hours, but the 12 hour reminder does remind me when I wake up with plenty of time to submit by Noon. Of course, I work from home and usually have some free time in the mornings.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

For the west coast we get a reminder at 11pm to turn it in by 9am. I think even 12hour would be better but 18 likely best.

(05-09-2015, 11:50 PM)UJumpingfist Wrote: For the west coast we get a reminder at 11pm to turn it in by 9am.   I think even 12hour would be better but 18 likely best.

I can see how that would be an issue. I would welcome an 18 hour reminder. 
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.