Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Setup Changes Do Happen
(04-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: for those 2 cents that mean nothing.  I love that things are coming out for all to know

I agree set-up changes do not need to be made public as they are seen when you play the kingdom.  As long as the changes are documented in both T0 and set-up.  I think this is likely one of the things that has gotten players upset the most.  when we know something is different but our set-up does not show this.  I know I was very annoyed when my RD leaders kept dying when my set-up said +35 and later seen in the 300 forum they only had +10(have not played RD again so no idea if this was fixed).  We know something is up and want to send support a message but have no hard proof because we are only playing one game with bad results.  

overall brigade strength for sure should be mentioned globally as it was here.  Thanks for that.  I may consider playing the RD again.  If troops fight differently or emissaries have different odds this is someone we should know.  As done here we do not need to know the exact numbers but a relative idea of what we are looking at.

Towns and villages making more based on terrain type.  nice to know and good for the game will help make R3 and R7 more gold based regions as they should be.  This is an items I think is perfect to let players figure out

Towns and villages with higher randomness - I know I started noticing it in game 167 when I was not able to take R5 until I had 18 points worth of PCs normally used to taking a region with about 14 or 15.  I had just thought is was part of UM new engine we must live with and not a deliberate change.  Personally I dislike these type of changes as they add more luck into the game and take away from winning based on skill.  Moving further in this direction is something that will drive me personally away from the game.

adding defense for mage kingdoms.  Nice they need all the help they can get to start out.  

overall good stuff.

I would be interested in knowing if there is a separate defensive brigade strength figure independent from the offensive strength.

Is the offensive number a precise indication of how kingdom brigades absorb losses or for example do dwarves or rangers take losses better than their brigade values might suggest.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Setup Changes Do Happen - by Ry Vor - 04-08-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Frost Lord - 04-08-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by HeadHoncho - 04-09-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Diamond Cutter - 04-10-2015, 04:11 AM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Jumpingfist - 04-11-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Hawk_ - 04-11-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Ry Vor - 04-11-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Diamond Cutter - 04-11-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by Lord Diamond - 04-11-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Setup Changes Do Happen - by HeadHoncho - 04-12-2015, 12:50 PM