Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US President 2016
I'm a Rand Paul supporter.  He has passed $1M today, but I'm sure your participation would be welcome.

Rick,

I'm blown away.

Thanks to your support, we've already raised three quarters of million dollars online!  That's more than any other candidate.

Can you help me hit $1,000,000 today by forwarding the email below to your friends and family who want to join us to "take our country back?" 

They can click on [/url][url=https://secure.randpaul.com/2/?sr=408dn1a]Rand Paul Campaign or in the email below.

We need their help today, right now, to take on the Big Government establishment and defeat the Washington machine!

In Liberty,

Rand

Actually, I was thinking of running for President myself. My platform would be to revolutionize America into becoming a pure democracy!

A pure democracy is one where the people vote on issues themselves, not by representatives or another thru proxy. Always thought it would be cool to vote every month (say the first Saturday of every month) and decide upon national matters ranging from lowering tax rates to more vacation time for everyone!!!

So anyone up for me instead of Rand Paul? If so send all your money (and your neighbor's money too) to me, Uncle Mike the Greatest.

I hope it's Hillary then Jeb then a Kardashian.

I'm really looking forward to 4th scenario and 3rd cycle and that's why I come to the forum at least once a week. But I'm kinda surprised you'd inject politics into a place you're trying to do business. Not a good idea. For example I think Rand Paul is quite literally batshit crazy and would just run this country into a ditch like the last GOP administration. Things are much better by any possible economic measure after 6+ years of Obama- just like they were during Clinton. Democrats fix things up, get things going and then the GOP comes along and gives tax cuts to the rich while increasing defense spending, cutting education and infrastructure spending and runs our economy into a ditch. They also shamefully run on individual liberty and state's rights while injecting religion and conservative values into our bedrooms and doctor's offices (among other places)- absolute hypocrisy.

I could go on and on but what's the point?

See why it's a bad idea?

Unfortunately things have become so polarized (think Fox News vs. John Stewart) that any admitted affiliation will rub about half the country the wrong way.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

I'll be posting what I wish on my forum.  Thanks.  If anyone wants advise on what to post on their own forums, perhaps supporting their own game or blog on any topic, you can ask me, although I think you'll find you're also not likely to seek advice.  If someone doesn't want to read about politics, don't read the politics thread.  If you are offended by sex, violence, or language at a movie, don't go to that movie.

In some ways, Alamaze is as much a business as is a lemonade stand.  It's really more like a club.  If I wanted a traditional business, I would either still be an employee or run a Laundry close to yuppie apartments or something.  I and others do this because we want to, not because we are getting rich or trying to ingratiate ourselves.  We could be watching movies or golfing I suppose, instead.  Let me know if you ever catch me asking for advice.  I may ask for opinions once and awhile (and not nearly so much as offered), but I don't ask for direction.

And for those not with their mind made up on the over-the-top polarization of American politics by the media, you might check out Rand Paul's positions.  If you don't like them, that's fine.  But I think voters should be informed and not just make suppositions.  Yes, its early in that 2016 trek.  But if everyone just lays back, we'll have Hillary vs. Jeb.  It's the default, easiest, laziest thing.

Some may have noticed over time: I don't tend to stand on status quo.

The laundry near a yuppie neighborhood sounds like a gold mine. If you could only figure out how to make it green...
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-11-2015, 09:31 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The laundry near a yuppie neighborhood sounds like a gold mine. If you could only figure out how to make it green...

And introduce combat and unusual sightings and Stun Customer.

I'll let you know what I think on this forum. Thanks. If you don't want people to give opinion on the forum that you set up then you can have a forum where you talk to yourself. In that case it'd probably be more of a blog than a forum. I like reading about politics, I just disagree that Rand Paul would do anything but hurt this country.

To be fair I don't think Rick was saying that he wouldn't countenance alternative opinions, only that he wouldn't be censored on the subject himself.

Having said that I just read some of Rand Paul's stances on abortion and gay rights and I think it's hilarious how one's libertarian philosophies extend right up until the point it's corrupted by his Christian dogma.

As I said I'm loathe to discuss politics because it seems that we are all so entrenched in our opinions. We all seem to be getting our news almost exclusively from places that confirm our own biases. Me as well so take that for what it's worth.

It seems so plain to me that gay rights are the new civil rights issue (not that we've come close to solving the old civil rights issues!) and I don't have a terrible amount of patience for anyone who can't see this as well. And don't even get me started on abortion. If you can't count on a libertarian candidate to protect an individual women's right to choose without exclusions I don't know what he's good for.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde