Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US President 2016
Ohio is important, and Kasich has gravitas. 

While risking the ire of some followers here, I really believe the current emphasis on political correctness and tiptoeing on eggshells instead of having authentic dialogue is about the biggest problem we have as a nation.  I just don't know why the government wants to segment everyone into groups and have different rules for different groups.  That's helpful?  I really do think all immigrant groups have made a contribution, and have each been important to America, but after one generation here, you are an American, not a hyphenated-American.  For example, I doubt many Americans under 50 years old would even believe Irish immigrants were despised, considered by some, sub-human.  Its because after one generation of that, they had adapted to being an American.  I'm not saying everyone has to be a conformist, but I think if you want to be an American, well, then you are American.  You're no longer a Russian American, etc. 

Kasich is known for being blunt. I actually like that. And I can't imagine that he'd ever describe himself as a Croatian-American.

(07-24-2015, 03:34 AM)DuPont Wrote: Kasich is known for being blunt. I actually like that. And I can't imagine that he'd ever describe himself as a Croatian-American.

No.  To continue, I like that Kasich is more focused on domestic economics.  I like a President who focuses on what a President can do, like tax policy, foreign policy, monetary policy. 

I also think unless you have worked both for a private business and for government, you can't really understand the difference.  It is ingrained. 

(07-24-2015, 03:04 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Ohio is important, and Kasich has gravitas. 

While risking the ire of some followers here, I really believe the current emphasis on political correctness and tiptoeing on eggshells instead of having authentic dialogue is about the biggest problem we have as a nation.  I just don't know why the government wants to segment everyone into groups and have different rules for different groups.  That's helpful?  I really do think all immigrant groups have made a contribution, and have each been important to America, but after one generation here, you are an American, not a hyphenated-American.  For example, I doubt many Americans under 50 years old would even believe Irish immigrants were despised, considered by some, sub-human.  Its because after one generation of that, they had adapted to being an American.  I'm not saying everyone has to be a conformist, but I think if you want to be an American, well, then you are American.  You're no longer a Russian American, etc. 
I agree that political correctness has gotten completely out of hand. It's actually splintering the nation into narrowly-focused interest groups rather than fostering a sense of inclusion (which is the ostensible reason for the political correctness). Everyone and anybody seems to protest anything they don't agree with...forgetting that other people have a right to their own, equally-valid opinions. And the fact we're such a litigious society doesn't help matters.

I guess another way to demonstrate it, is comedians as different as Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld both said about simultaneously they were done playing colleges because they felt students were so concerned with PC they no longer had a sense of humor.  Quite an indictment.  

(07-24-2015, 02:18 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I like Kasich.  Basically, I like sincerity / authenticity / vision.

Sadly, that criteria excludes most.  Wish it weren't so, but as long as people want to vote on who has the best smile, this is what we get.

Didn't people say Obama had these qualities?  

Confused Confused Confused

Will anything ever change as long as Americans continue to vote for either of the two controlling parties?  
Where are the third party candidates?  Why are they not covered?  Could there be a plan to keep them out of the media spotlight and away from the majority of Americans who are sick and tired of the establishment?

Love him or hate hime, Jesse tells it like it is:
http://www.ora.tv/offthegrid/jesse-uncen...ahvyh96vc6

And here is a great old article about a good presidential candidate no one ever knew about.
http://www.gq.com/story/gary-johnson-rep...-interview

When will American citizens ever get a chance to 'spoil the vote'?
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

First time I could vote was the 1980 election, and voted for independent candidate John Anderson.  I also voted for every other third party candidate until one vote for W, and one for Barak, and then back to the Libertarian candidate (who got 1%) in 2012. 

Its a Catch 22 with the two parties.  You have to be in one to get elected, but then you are "owned". 

Don't wish too hard for a strong independent right now:  The Donald might do it, and then we'd have Hillary as POTUS. 

Why can't Glenn Beck or Shawn Hannity run? I'd vote for them