Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Like to be Teased?
(05-13-2015, 10:59 AM)Benedict Wrote: Nothing has been posted here in well over a year. Can we get an update on where things stand?

Benedict must be from the (dark) future as it seems the last ten posts have all been made this month and the whole thread is less than two months old.

This has been an awkward week with the severe storms in Texas and some lingering 2nd Cycle issues.

But here is a snipit for those that said "yes" to the premise of the thread.

The Choosing
 Design Notes Overview.

Kingdoms.  24 possible kingdoms of which 12 are active.  Game setup protocol has 12 positions for which any kingdom can be placed into any slot, although the structured games will have kingdom pairs, of which one of the pair is chosen by a player in each game.

Military Changes
·        Groups can hold up to 7 brigade types.
·        Brigades can be of four experience levels: Green, Regular, Veteran, and Elite.  Elven Elite and Elven Veteran are two brigade types.
·        Kingdoms will have a variable number of groups available, from 4 to 6.  Generally, dispersed kingdoms will have 5 groups available, and The Tyrant has 6 groups.  Adding an available group is a possible ESO reward.
·        The generic “Recruits” and “Veterans” will be replaced by several new recruitable brigade types which vary by region.
·        New 565 model and brigade types.
·        Some kingdoms have special tactics available and advantages in the summer or winter.
·        Changes to Intercept.
·        Changes to battle phases.
·        Changes to all brigade loss dividers, and strength per phase.

Love it.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
Great stuff! Your commitment and efforts to further develop the game are appreciated!
Loving all the plans, Rick.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I feel so alone out here in the (dark) future. But the plans seem nice. Will be interesting to see how they play out.
This sounds great Rick. The one other change I would request is that you can station leaders and wizards at pop centers (and they incur the appropriate bonuses). PC's SORELY need this bonus for defense, and it appears that will be even more so with all of the new different types of military units.

The other thing I really like is the unique abilities and traits of all of the new kingdoms. The powers that you can have solely for your own kingdom is what gives you your advantages- otherwise gold is the great equalizer.

Anyway, I love where this is headed and when it's ready let me know so I can jump back in!
(05-14-2015, 11:00 AM)YAcererak Wrote: This sounds great Rick. The one other change I would request is that you can station leaders and wizards at pop centers (and they incur the appropriate bonuses). PC's SORELY need this bonus for defense, and it appears that will be even more so with all of the new different types of military units.

This was possible in Fall of Rome. In addition, you could base a certain number of brigades within your pc (depending on size and fortification) that also added to the pc defense. 

Also, you were able to have your king lead one of your armies. 

I don't know if we'll get any of this in 3rd Cycle, but I am certain it will be possible in the future online GUI version of Alamaze.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-14-2015, 11:00 AM)Acererak Wrote: This sounds great Rick. The one other change I would request is that you can station leaders and wizards at pop centers (and they incur the appropriate bonuses). PC's SORELY need this bonus for defense, and it appears that will be even more so with all of the new different types of military units.

The other thing I really like is the unique abilities and traits of all of the new kingdoms. The powers that you can have solely for your own kingdom is what gives you your advantages- otherwise gold is the great equalizer.

Anyway, I love where this is headed and when it's ready let me know so I can jump back in!

I would like this as well.

Everything mentioned above by Ry-Vor sounds great!
I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever the final version is, but add my voice to those who hate m/f differences.
It doesn't have to be m/f, but I would like something to make each character more unique, valuable, and beloved.
 Lord Diamond