Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Like to be Teased?
This might be a dumb idea but right now there is no difference between male and female emissaries, what if there were some slightly different advantages/disadvantage to each gender?

Maybe male emissaries are better at Inciting Rebellion (+5%?) and women are better at Usurping. Or maybe female agents would have different bonuses or handicaps. I still think it would be very cool to have a Seduce order. Maybe agents could even 'turn' one of your emissaries (or even leaders or wizards at super high levels?) and recruit them to change kingdoms and join your court. Might add another layer of personalization. Just spitballing.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
I have always favored Agent specialization. Maybe after the 4th level you can have the specialize as Bodyguards, Dungeon Guards, Thieves, Assassins, Kidnappers, Scouts, etc.. They would get a bonus in their specialty, but a penalty in everything else.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Some may recall I brought up Drogo's idea of specializing genders about a year ago, and it got a lukewarm reception.  Generally, players thought it was complicated enough with kingdom bonuses and resistances, etc.

I do want to differentiate Fanatics more from Agents, and at least have kingdom bonuses for certain agent missions.  There are a couple Traits for The Choosing, such as Cunning, that address this.
(05-03-2015, 10:09 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Some may recall I brought up Drogo's idea of specializing genders about a year ago, and it got a lukewarm reception.  Generally, players thought it was complicated enough with kingdom bonuses and resistances, etc.

I do want to differentiate Fanatics more from Agents, and at least have kingdom bonuses for certain agent missions.  There are a couple Traits for The Choosing, such as Cunning, that address this.

I always liked the idea of differentiating the genders. Small differences such as +/- 5% that equals out. If not by gender, then possibly random traits that turn a random character into a valued member of the team.

Perhaps each character has (or can earn via luck, experience, magic) a personal trait. Perhaps:

- 50% cheaper to use than his rank indicates.
- Can move 12 areas instead of 10.
- 10% is harder to kidnap.
- Sneaks into enemy pcs without being noticed.

Each positive trait might be balanced by a negative trait.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I don't like differentiating based on gender because it'll make the game sexist and turn off certain players. But I do like having additional abilities/penalties for either the current or additional emissary corps of a kingdom.  Attachés or other assistants may have a lesser chance of success but are always undetected and cheaper to use (and no influence loss when hiring one).
I for one will not be satisfied until I can have a transgender High Priest(ess). It's 2015 gentleman!
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
I am encountering my usual issues when I get the chance to focus on a new release or new game:  I try to be too ambitious.  While I really like all the notes and spreadsheets I have for The Choosing, I think it might be too comprehensive for what the player base wants right now.

So I want to go back to still preserving the discussed premise of 24 kingdom possibilities, with 12 active kingdoms, and making changes to spell lists and artifacts, but hold off mainly on the myriad other things until 3rd Cycle.

I just now need to decide where to draw the lines.
(05-06-2015, 09:40 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I am encountering my usual issues when I get the chance to focus on a new release or new game:  I try to be too ambitious.  While I really like all the notes and spreadsheets I have for The Choosing, I think it might be too comprehensive for what the player base wants right now.

So I want to go back to still preserving the discussed premise of 24 kingdom possibilities, with 12 active kingdoms, and making changes to spell lists and artifacts, but hold off mainly on the myriad other things until 3rd Cycle.

I just now need to decide where to draw the lines.

New kingdoms, spells and artifacts is already a huge change and sounds like a lot of fun.

The snow is a great place to draw lines.
I am looking forward to the new kingdoms.

Back to the original intent of this thread. Do I like to be teased? Yes, but only when whaty Ou are sharing will definitely happen in the not so distant future. I do not want to be teased with something that may not actually happen. Treat the leaked info like a movie trailer to get me excited about am upcoming release.
 Lord Diamond

(05-13-2015, 10:59 AM)Benedict Wrote: Nothing has been posted here in well over a year. Can we get an update on where things stand?

I understand the issue on making things genderized and I agree with not doing it, however I do like the idea of allowing agents to 'sway' an emmie to join your kingdom. Historically GREED, in whatever form, has been a very good motivator for politicians to go against their beliefs, sworn oaths, etc... This agent ability I would like to see.

I'd also like to see a game with random positioning of kingdoms. Not knowing where you start or who your neighbors are would make for an interesting game. I believe it would generate some creative game play. (Just a thought)

Every thing in this thread is very current and talking about the Choosing.  The thread was only even created on 3/19 of this year.