Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Like to be Teased?
Just wondering if players want a few hints of what's coming around the corner or would rather just be surprised when The Choosing comes out.

Sort of our sonogram, I suppose.  
Would love any and all info, personally. Smile
I've started the concept of Kingdom Traits, such that High Elves might have Supremacy in the forest, meaning several great advantages in that terrain, while Dark Elves might have Mastery in both Forest and Marsh, providing good advantages in both terrains. Rangers have Acuity, meaning they might not ever be surprised, even by invisible groups.

Foreknowledge would be information on a particular artifact, like its general whereabouts and maybe short name. Kingdom Prophesy might be a quest mission that could be part of a kingdom's secret victory condition.

The Druid might have a Druid's Grove (UM's idea), while the Red and Black Dragons might have hidden Lairs, that provide food and gold. The Nomad may have a Hidden Oasis. The Sacred Order might have a High Temple that heals.
Traits are cool. It creates separation of the humanoid races between each other.
I'm thinking ATLANTIANS for the final position, with capital in the Sea of Drowning.
Would we use the Resurgent map? Just wondering if there are enough water spaces to support both Pirates and Atlanteans (perhaps make that the pairing to choose from, so both wouldn't be in the same game).

All looks great, however!!
Yes, considered both Pirates and Atlantians and what that means overall.  Comes back to similar issues like both Ancient Ones and Trolls in Torvale.  Meanwhile Pirates are dispersed, so they might dominate 3 of 4 seas if others don't make an effort.
Somehow a long post I made got lost in cyberspace. 

Shorter version is in The Choosing we will introduce more intrinsic spells, such as Presence is now.  Some spells may start requiring a spell be cast at lower power levels, and then become intrinsic (cast automatically) at higher levels.

With more adventuring on tap, including 3 step quests, we may have encounters which require Magical Light to navigate an underground rain forest, or a Bridge of Faith to cross a dizzying chasm.  True Seeing may reveal everything in an area, as a spell at perhaps P4 or P5, but then intrinsic at P5 or P6.  A Dire Wolf familiar might be a spell at lower levels, but then an intrinsic ability of the Druid or Ranger's group at P4 or so, acting as an L4 agent on counter espionage and perhaps detecting invisible or ambushing like a Warlord, P5 or L7 does now.
(04-08-2015, 11:15 PM)RRy Vor Wrote: Somehow a long post I made got lost in cyberspace. 

Shorter version is in The Choosing we will introduce more intrinsic spells, such as Presence is now.  Some spells may start requiring a spell be cast at lower power levels, and then become intrinsic (cast automatically) at higher levels.

With more adventuring on tap, including 3 step quests, we may have encounters which require Magical Light to navigate an underground rain forest, or a Bridge of Faith to cross a dizzying chasm.  True Seeing may reveal everything in an area, as a spell at perhaps P4 or P5, but then intrinsic at P5 or P6.  A Dire Wolf familiar might be a spell at lower levels, but then an intrinsic ability of the Druid or Ranger's group at P4 or so, acting as an L4 agent on counter espionage and perhaps detecting invisible or ambushing like a Warlord, P5 or L7 does now.

I like it!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Rick, 
How about spells that change the terrain?  This way kingdoms such as the swampmen, druids, and nomad would be able to extend their natural terrain advantages.  Artifacts might be used in this way as well.

Another possibility could be the creation of areas of impassable terrain which would then create natural 'choke points' for certain kingdoms.   
Dwarves holding mountain passes versus the ravaging Troll hordes or Elves holding fords or bridges.

Just my two cents
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?