Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Points for artifacts
We had a game finsh using the new platform and can now see artifacts seem to be being reported at exactly 2x the value listed in the rules.  

Superior artifact.  300
Excellent artifact. 200
Fine Artifact. 100

This has been brought up many times and told it is correct per status sheet.   I am just looking to close on this issue.  Are artifacts suppose to be worth so much or should they be as reflected in the rules?

Folks, is is amazing how fast Uncle Mike put all of Alamaze into the new XML and web based platform, on his own. 

It took me two years of working at night to do it in Symphony, and at least 8 months for the conversion from that code into Clipper for the folks that did that. 

We appreciate the players patience with the incredible advance into the new platform. 

As I've said, philosophically, I want to end changes to Classic.  But we've had issues with things like sea battles that weren't quite complete in Classic, so Mike has been making changes.  Yes, its a bit confusing, and yes, the Commands document aren't reflecting all the current standards.

Just to be clear, it is not strictly speaking doubled.  I have seen values of 100, 300, and 500 since the changeover.

Got it no changes to the programming unless mission critical like moving Fire of The Void from ON to NN.

This is not an Uncle Mike issue he is doing an incredible job. This was an issue before the new platform we could never add up our status point even after they were said to be fixed. I post these type of questions because the rules say one thing and the system is doing something else. I want to know which is right. I got the answer, thanks

I will no longer bother you with posts

(03-17-2015, 02:58 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Got it no changes to the programming unless mission critical like moving Fire of The Void from ON to NN.

This is not an Uncle Mike issue he is doing an incredible job.  This was an issue before the new platform we could never add up our status point even after they were said to be fixed.   I post these type of questions because the rules say one thing and the system is doing something else.  I want to know which is right.  I got the answer, thanks

I will no longer bother you with posts

I certainly intended no offense and was just trying to express how things are going here on this side of the equation. 

I hope everyone likes how the status points are reported now (detail as to how you got them, which kingdom has how many, etc.) 

Whatever might still be there on artifacts not awarding status points as documented is on me as I intended to do that for Classic and then decided the changes (much more than the amount of status points) had to wait until The Choosing.

The new status point report looks great.  When a game finishes, would it be possible to include a list of all players who played in the game?  We recently had an ANON game finish and we dont know who played some of the positions that dropped.  A complete list would help this.

(03-17-2015, 04:13 AM)gkmetty Wrote: The new status point report looks great.  When a game finishes, would it be possible to include a list of all players who played in the game?  We recently had an ANON game finish and we dont know who played some of the positions that dropped.  A complete list would help this.

In all previous games, you can find all that in the Valhalla report for that game. We are working on getting that exact report for the games that are ending now. Unclemike provided an excellent file, but it needs a few tweaks to make it 100% compatible with previous reports.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.