Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KINGDOMS
I think UM makes some good points, so I'm back on the fence. If you keep dragons as Kingdoms, might want to add Silver Dragons as a "good" dragon variant (if you even do anything related to alignments) that is a bit more magical than RD or BL.
I think Red Dragons and Black Dragons will continue to be kingdoms in The Choosing.  That is posted, last thing on those lines is the selection of the 24th kingdom.  No one seemed to mind the Stone Giants not being on the posted list (I don't mind giving them a break).  I have a kingdom in mind for The Choosing in the Steppes not published before, and one that from that appearance likely will be fairly prominent in 3rd Cycle.

But to be clear, I am not at all "anti dragon".  Believe me, the dragon kingdoms were a lot of effort to create and make work in Alamaze.  But I want to (eventually) make them more special, as said before, where they would be both a character and a powerful brigade in combat.  That, along with new classes of characters is something that is going to take some time, so not in The Choosing.
No more trolls? Sad
(04-18-2015, 10:38 PM)Sinestro Wrote: No more trolls? Sad

Trolls are replaced by The Tyrant.

TYRANT
Strength: brigade variability and strategic options.  Weakness:  Regional reactions.
Start with 7 PC’s in 5 regions
5 different Humanoid races can be hired, are starting brigades (no kingdom brigade)
Order - +15% MSQ per PC if Tolerant or Substantial in region
Has a P4 wraith and a couple adepts
Cannot hire HP
Very cheap troops, plentiful reinforcements
Warg Riders
Foreknowledge of P3 encounter
+25% susceptible to magic
Initial town capital is hidden
Has a 6th group
Achieving Minor ESO gets free TR brigade and +1 influence, or +2 TR and +2 Influence for Major ESO
Weak court
Ruler succession is a problem
So approximately how long till the new game cycle? Will people have the option if they want to play 3rd cycle still? I like the idea of this. I just also like the races that are current. It might turn some players away if you take them away forever without the option to still play the way they are accustomed to playing.
The game we are currently playing will still be available, and it's going to be set in stone in the near future. The next cycle will be brand new and we probably are still a couple of months away, barring a better update from Rick/UM.
(04-19-2015, 12:25 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: The game we are currently playing will still be available, and it's going to be set in stone in the near future. The next cycle will be brand new and we probably are still a couple of months away, barring a better update from Rick/UM.

Yes, this is likely the case.  Software development is notorious for not being predictable and I know more than most about that from first hand experience.  Right now, Mike is handling all support issues, which I need to pick back up again soon.  But I am documenting the Choosing issues.  In general, I want The Choosing to focus on the kingdoms and general mechanic changes will wait for 3rd Cycle.  But there is plenty of changing happening. 

As Head Honcho and others know, I really would like to lock down 2nd Cycle as soon as we have the last few changes, including Unusual Encounter resolutions resolved.  And yes, that game will always be available. 
So Ry Vor. Approximately how far are we away from the new cycle?
When he said, "Yes, this is likely the case," I'm pretty sure he was referring to my estimate of at least a couple of months away.