Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KINGDOMS
On one hand, I'd like to keep the kingdoms in the next release secret, until the game comes out.  But I also like to get player reaction, and I think I am reasonably adaptable.  I am not trying to encourage suggestions, I am just saying this is the current orientation.

24 possible kingdoms, of which 12 will be active.  The exact initial allocation of PC's by region will change.  Other changes, such as the Tyrant might start with 6 PC's, the Amazons with 5 groups. 

Using a similar signup, a player selects one of two possible positions for each of the 12 kingdoms in the game.

20 of those would have a capital in a given region, 4 others are more fluid, and might have capitals in any region, but no more than 1 of those in any region.

Region 1:  High Elves or Druid
Region 2:  Barbarians or Necromancer
Region 3:  Gnomes or Warlock
Region 4:  Sorcerer or Amazon
Region 5:  Black Dragon or Sacred Order
Region 6:  Demon Princes or (???)
Region 7:  Dwarves or Halflings
Region 8:  Ranger or Illusionist
Region 9:  Lizard Kingdom or Dark Elves
Region 10: Nomads or Ancient Ones
Dispersed:  Underworld or Pirates
Dispersed:  Red Dragon or Tyrant
I am excited about all the new kingdoms.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Besides GN or WA. I like how every new kingdom is paired with an older one that could allow for an old kingdoms game or new kingdoms only. I also really like that I do not see choices like Mage or Mage. Should make for a ton of variaty from game to game. I am sure at first everyone will take the new kingdoms then slowly start to mix in the older ones.
Looks really good though.

That suggestion you do not want. Let players pick a region or disperse1/2 during sign up and after full each selects which of the two kingdoms they will play. If automated this becomes easy it just says region taken.
I kind of like the dynamic of if you pick early, you get the kingdom you want.  If you pick late, you have fewer choices but more knowledge.
Will we still use the resurgent map? Other than that, it sounds good the way you presented the new kingdoms. I look forward to playing them.
The first game in 4th Scenario will likely be all the new kingdoms to make sure they are working as intended.

This is still probably two months off - sign up for the Classic games forming.
I would like to play the empire of the Riddler. I do admit, I think the paladins are much more of a fantasy empire though, but what the heck, all hail King Eygma. I guess region 6 is where his base is, the swamps are a good hide out.
If you're looking for an idea to complete region 6, how about DE or Centaur?
I think this looks amazing!!!
(03-10-2015, 09:16 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I think this looks amazing!!!

I never got around to commenting on this thread but I think the dual Kingdom design idea is terrific.  I also like the idea of centaurs as an alternative in R6.