Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UN needs his money
I haven't been having much of a problem myself, but that's largely because I steal from everybody.

When I played the Underworld, I got a 123,000 gold refund on training and hiring my own agents. My pcs produced about 30,000 a turn.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-07-2015, 12:26 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: When I played the Underworld, I got a 123,000 gold refund on training and hiring my own agents. My pcs produced about 30,000 a turn.

All Hail!  Gods of UN!  Since they can circumstantially do it....everyone should!  All Hail!

(03-07-2015, 12:37 AM)Beatific Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 12:26 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: When I played the Underworld, I got a 123,000 gold refund on training and hiring my own agents. My pcs produced about 30,000 a turn.

All Hail!  Gods of UN!  Since they can circumstantially do it....everyone should!  All Hail!

Just jestering on yo' medieval selves......... Shy

(03-07-2015, 12:37 AM)IBeatific Wrote:

My point was that this was a major portion of my income. Nobody has laid out a logical argument against it yet. Why would he get gold when another kingdom trains, but not when he does?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I don't look at it as UN getting gold when UN trains, but rather an "inside discount". That makes more sense to me in the realm of this roleplaying thing.
-The Deliverer

(03-07-2015, 04:40 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I don't look at it as UN getting gold when UN trains, but rather an "inside discount". That makes more sense to me in the realm of this roleplaying thing.

this was how I kind of looked at all the kingdoms getting there bonus it just makes sense.

In the UN case they have so much effect on agents they can even dictate the cost.   So if we were applying some economics the UN cost is not going up whether they charge 2000 or 10000.  so they should be getting anything over a set amount not just 25% off the top.  maybe it costs 2k to train an agent fine.  then at 10k the UN rakes in 8k of mark up.  or the UN always only pays 2k for his own agents because the rest is just profit being paid to himself anyway.