Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orb of Anti Magic
Does this artifact reduce losses from Summon Death spells?

(02-25-2015, 01:57 AM)Diamond Cutter Wrote: Does this artifact reduce losses from Summon Death spells?

I do not believe it does since Summon Death doesn't cause damage and is not a combat spell.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I have not tested it. I know TR looses four brigade to the spell and has basically the reverse of the ability and a DW looses 2 brigades to the spell and has the same natural ability. Both have about equal strength kingdom brigades. Of course that could just be a chart effect of the spell. If I can get a volunteer I would be happy to cast summon death on your troops in game 300 and then let you equip the orb and cast it again. I can supply the death and the orb Smile

Does the Orb bonus stack with dwarf resistances?  If it does, every Dwarf player needs that artifact in these heavy magic worlds.

It does stack for sure but still not sure about the specific question of does it give resistance to summon death. The description states combat spells and summon death is actually cast outside of combat

JF you also saw that SD does 3 brigades VS DW if DW/VE/RE are present so the resistance is only named.(1 of each)
Lord Alz - "Jeff"
Arch Mage of the Ancient Ones