Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploiting status points
I look forward to the day this gets fixed.  G150 just finished I agreed not to mess with the status points through enemy ally declarations it appears the enemy did not feel the same way.  Posting this here where it will go away to keep the Valhalla thread more about celebrating the win.  Will see if I decide to comment on the game there later.

The last turns enemy/ally declarations. You can basically guess they are the exact opposite as to what they actually were in the game.
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE RED DRAGON KING HIS ALLY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY

In effect each member of this four person team gained an extra 2400 status points aprox 2.5 regions worth of control on the last turn of the game.   They did nothing illegal and I have done it myself on a much smaller scale.  But it is still an exploit that should be removed as it is adding false points to a players total.  Like going 3vs1 it is just bad form.

Totally agree.

(02-18-2015, 02:54 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Totally agree.

Agree, last 2 games I finished I came in 4th because I would not do this. Both by about less then 100 points. No podium for me as I am stubbornSmile

How is this an exploit, don't you get negative points for each enemy declaration? I am asking for I am ignorant to this game still.  

(02-18-2015, 03:01 AM)Rogal Wrote: How is this an exploit, don't you get negative points for each enemy declaration? I am asking for I am ignorant to this game still.  

The logic for the status points is sound.  You get -400 per ally declared to you and +400 per enemy declared you.  Trouble is it is an easy end of game switch.  

I am one of the four and I agree completely. 

(02-18-2015, 02:50 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I look forward to the day this gets fixed.  G150 just finished I agreed not to mess with the status points through enemy ally declarations it appears the enemy did not feel the same way.  Posting this here where it will go away to keep the Valhalla thread more about celebrating the win.  Will see if I decide to comment on the game there later.

The last turns enemy/ally declarations. You can basically guess they are the exact opposite as to what they actually were in the game.
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE RED DRAGON KING HIS ALLY!
THE WITCHLORD KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE DEMON PRINCES KING HAS DECLARED THE TROLL KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE GNOME KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE GNOME KING HAS DECLARED THE WITCHLORD KING HIS SWORN ENEMY!
THE TROLL KING HAS DECLARED THE DEMON PRINCES KING HIS SWORN ENEMY

In effect each member of this four person team gained an extra 2400 status points aprox 2.5 regions worth of control on the last turn of the game.   They did nothing illegal and I have done it myself on a much smaller scale.  But it is still an exploit that should be removed as it is adding false points to a players total.  Like going 3vs1 it is just bad form.

Easy fix . . . - 400 status points for each declared ally and no status points for each declared enemy.

Full disclosure: this nonsense dropped me from second to third place. Sad [Actually, I do not know who finished second. So I am assuming this happened. I finished third and Cloud finished first. That is all I know. My turn results only listed the final tallies, not the kingdom names or the turn 30 status points for that turn only. My turn did show that I finished third.]
Lord Thanatos

STATUS POINTS

CURRENT UPDATE #30 TOTAL

EL: 0 12456

STATUS POINTS

CURRENT UPDATE #30 TOTAL

0 20952

0 14274

0 12456

0 10815

0 9668

0 7345

0 5244

0 4525

0 3675

0 1769

0 1725

0 935

0 685

0 405

0 240
Lord Thanatos

That's the same list I got.  I don't think you get interim points on a turn if the game ends on that turn.  Pretty sure it's been like that since I started last year.

No turn 30 points but normally we can see the kingdoms. I am sure LD will post it soon in Valhalla. If only group strength was in the report. My 1RD finished with 193k vs PC w/ 2P4s in toe.