Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you sometimes attack just to raise leaders?
(04-30-2015, 05:24 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 05:21 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 03:49 PM)Benedict Wrote: Is the chance to raise leaders the same when investigating an unusual sighting as they are in combat (pc or group)? If playing the BL, which is more difficult to succeed at US encounters, would it be possible to set at a US and keep trying to get it hoping leaders will be raised up or eventually getting the US?

An Unusual Encounter calculator is forthcoming in a couple days.  The best chance to raise and have leaders emerge (and likely, killed) is in Unusual Encounters.  It varies by kingdom.

Yes, The Bigs (BL, GI, RD, TR) are at some disadvantage as artifact hunters as they don't get "The Men" which is pretty much equal to something like a general or marshal depending on the kingdom.

Wait, what?  When did GI and TR start suffering from this?

Every long-time player would know that GI is a fantastic artifact hunter, and although that has been attenuated somewhat by the new artifact difficulty system at the higher levels, they still had been quite excellent at recovering them.
I feel the flavor oozing out of this one.  I am sure glad I did not figure this out in game.   The new artifact system does not favor kingdoms with low magic ability yet here we are further penalizing two low magic kingdoms.  With the new artifact rules I think the "bigs" disadvantage is likely out dated game balance wise.   
Leader death bonus no clue of any logic behind this one either.  EL second best in game at +25 but DA only +10. Are they really that different.  The Bigs around +10% with BL at 0 I believe.  

Not entirely sure that's in place any more per this thread:

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...p?tid=9795

Of course, it's possible that the thread above ALSO takes into account the modifiers that you're mentioning (i.e. supplemental rather than superseding)... I'm just not sure.

I mentioned this in the game 300 thread but if you want to level up your leaders at encounters, first get the Armor of Anon artifact. This artifact protects your highest leader from damage and he won't die from encounters -- like being a wizard wraith/lich. Then you'll be able to level up your leader without risk of losing him.

(04-30-2015, 09:33 PM)The unclemike Wrote: I mentioned this in the game 300 thread but if you want to level up your leaders at encounters, first get the Armor of Anon artifact. This artifact protects your highest leader from damage and he won't die from encounters -- like being a wizard wraith/lich. Then you'll be able to level up your leader without risk of losing him.

Well, that is the answer for one kingdom. What about the other 11-14? Smile 
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I used to think going for the 6 generals, 3 marshals or 1 warlord as attainable ESOs.  However, as the RD, TR and now the RA, I find these incredibly difficult. 

Has anyone else encountered problems acquiring their ESOs as a military leader?  
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

I don't typically take the military leader ESO/SVC options any more. With that said, the formula has been adjusted per a recent thread, and I'm starting to see some better results. Still early to make a judgment, but they might be achievable as we move forward.