Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact/emissary/army/really?
Ok, so before I write to Support, I wanted to run a situation past folks, because it may be perfectly correct and just new to me.

I had an emissary at a pop center. That nice emissary held 2 artifacts (nice ones). A mean army came by and hit the pop center. The emissary escaped because he is that clever.

But, his artifacts disappeared. That surprises me. I know the group would get the artifacts if the pop center held them. But I have also seen emissaries assassinated and the artifact goes to one's own capitol.
So, why, during his escape, would my emissary divest himself of cool artifacts and is this a correct result or should I write to the nice Support team to check this out?

Thanks for your thoughts....

(01-08-2015, 09:31 PM)VballMichael Wrote: Ok, so before I write to Support, I wanted to run a situation past folks, because it may be perfectly correct and just new to me.

I had an emissary at a pop center. That nice emissary held 2 artifacts (nice ones). A mean army came by and hit the pop center. The emissary escaped because he is that clever.

But, his artifacts disappeared. That surprises me. I know the group would get the artifacts if the pop center held them. But I have also seen emissaries assassinated and the artifact goes to one's own capitol.
So, why, during his escape, would my emissary divest himself of cool artifacts and is this a correct result or should I write to the nice Support team to check this out?

Thanks for your thoughts....

I can only speak for game 300 but your emissary should have retained those two artifacts if he avoided capture. Groups only acquire artifacts from a pc if the artifact is stationed there (i.e. pc has ownership) and not the emissary. If the emissary was captured by the group (becomes a prisoner) then the emissary's artifacts go to the emissary's capital as part of the delegate's intermediary action. If the capital was conquered, the artifacts should relocate to the new location of the new capital. If your last pc was conquered, then finally, the group may acquire those artifacts as long as there aren't any negative conditions (misalignment of good/evil or other restrictions in possessing the artifact) in which case the artifact is destroyed (lost in the realm).

Thank you, sir

I would only expect the group to capture the artifacts if they were held by the pop center. If they were held by an emissary that escaped, then they would go with the emissary.

If you are positive that they were in the emissary's possession, seems like you have an issue to write support about.
-The Deliverer

was your noble captured but you had plan ahead and 385 just in case he was captured

(01-09-2015, 02:59 AM)twhitewolf10 Wrote: was your noble captured but you had plan ahead and 385 just in case he was captured

I game 149 the TR captured the EL king who had a ring of protection.  The TR killed the EL king that turn and never gained the Ring.  We 795'd the ring as being located at the TR capitol.  It was lost in limbo for the rest of the game.

Is that how it was supposed to work?

In a recent game, I assassinated the king who was holding an artifact. Anticipating his death, I tried to steal the artifact from the pop center, but it said that it wasn't at that location.
But if you 385ed the emmy, that meant he was captured and escaped - they would have taken the artifact from him as soon as he was captured so he wouldn't get it back.