Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 157 - SVC eligible
(11-27-2014, 03:34 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I am here for you, Jumbie. Even when you don't want me to be.

Just as long as you stay beyond the court-mandated 400 feet...

The Ancient One have sent an Emissary to the high court of Avalon. We would ask for a messenger from other parties who also sent a trusted emissary there to contact us.

Thank you.
I played when it cost .22 cents to mail my turn to NC.
Avid forum reader, I have read it all.

If the kingdoms in this game that haven't listed your email address in the Active Game for 157, please do so. This is a diplomacy game, and not listing your email address will only hurt you.

Thus said, I wish everyone a good game!

Bash

WI can be reached at paulzimmer32@yahoo.com

Demon Prince taking his region on turn 2! So experienced players with previous game information, can just move emmys into previous town locations without even knowing if they will be there.

Cant wait for real randomization of pc's.

i got lucky in 3,2,1.....
They really are random in 3,2,1.....

No you didn't get lucky you had better information.
"Random" pretty sure this means something else to to Amalaze than it does the rest of the world.

Don't take this as an insult to the Player, in fact well done!

Taking a region on turn two of and exploratory game? At this point your game is a bit broken.

Again don't hate the player...

It could also be a matter of making the right deals.

2 towns start controlled by other folks, as do (I think) 2 villages. There are two cities in the region. Manage to make deals to take all of those, and you'd have 2 cities, 3 towns, and 3 villages. That's enough to take the region.

I can't necessarily see AN being willing to give up his town to his natural enemy, but stranger things have been known to happen. BL would certainly be willing to trade towns between 8 and 10, and the GN and WA villages likely can be bartered for as well.

Or the person just cheated. Who's the DE again, anyways?
-The Deliverer

(12-03-2014, 08:25 PM)kevindusi Wrote: It could also be a matter of making the right deals.

2 towns start controlled by other folks, as do (I think) 2 villages. There are two cities in the region. Manage to make deals to take all of those, and you'd have 2 cities, 3 towns, and 3 villages. That's enough to take the region.

I can't necessarily see AN being willing to give up his town to his natural enemy, but stranger things have been known to happen. BL would certainly be willing to trade towns between 8 and 10, and the GN and WA villages likely can be bartered for as well.

Or the person just cheated. Who's the DE again, anyways?

(DE) Hell yeah I cheated!   I moved an emmy into a PC with a group on top of it.

Using my Hell magics I got in the heads of would be Kings.  "I will not block the DE cities."

We are proud of these actions and freely admit to them.   I encourage others to admit their misgivings. 

So on turn one you moved emmys into locations you didn't really know were there, Hell magic aside. You guessed on prior experience, a well educated guess, because PC's ARE often in the same location game to game to game.

That's my point. Newer players with out a mass collection of previous games are seriously out classed. This would concern me, if I was worried about new players getting roflstomped, not only because they are new but now because experience plays can just take regions on turn two, in a game that is suppose to slow you down from taking a region (exploratory). The fault is not with the players, its with the game putting PC's in the same spot game after game (Random?)

Am I seriously the only one a bit concerned? If so, I wont say another word.

(12-03-2014, 07:25 PM)The Broken Wrote: Demon Prince taking his region on turn 2!  So experienced players with previous game information, can just move emmys into previous town locations without even knowing if they will be there.

Cant wait for real randomization of pc's.

i got lucky in 3,2,1.....
They really are random in 3,2,1.....

No you didn't get lucky you had better information.
"Random" pretty sure this means something else to to Amalaze than it does the rest of the world.

Experience does help.  Sometimes PCs are in the same spots.  But they also move.   I have found going for old PC spot gets you a PC maybe 1 out of 3 vs the natural 1 out of 4.  A lot of those "known" spot are also capital locations so not what your looking for on turn 1.  
In this case I did use my experience and saw that I could maybe get a region early so I gambled.
I had two groups that if they landed on a village I could take it using force or 171.  I had 5 Emmy that could effect a city or flip a controlled town.  Another 3 Emmy that could flip a neutral town.
I blind moved 3 Emmy and the two groups across a total of 13 squares got two villages.  Group was 725 so did not actually cover all the assigned squares.  I found two villages so actually got unlucky since I should find a PC every 4 squares about.  With the deals made it was enough to get the region.  
The real gamble was I did not scout on T1 and those 725 make it so you cover less area.  If I did not get the region on T2 I only had one patrol covering 5 squares to give me what was needed to gain the region on T3.   This time it paid off last time I did this I did not get the region until turn 4.