Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paladins
The strongest heavy cavalry by a good margin, they also have a special tactic in the plains - Flanking, if they have the leader to execute it. Remember, cavalry is at 50% in most terrains, but is pretty powerful in the plains.

Hiring a High Priestess doesn't effect Influence.

They have a strong court, and their honor translates into they have only 1 skeleton in the closet.

Their groups, through their faith, are resistant to regional effects like Darkness and Demonic Visions.

They have very good leadership, they resist bribes and assassination, their range for nobles and agents is above average.

Their spells are mostly clerical and divining, not as diverse as most. They are rumored to have the Resurrection Spell.
Since they only have 1 skeleton, can it be a supermajor (3 inf points)? Imagine the shock and horror to find out that someone so pious has been doing strange things to little boys (or something like that)!

Also, it might discourage an early tactic of having someone release their skeleton to effectively guard them against that the rest of the game, a la AN and DE.
-The Deliverer
Although it may be worth a discussion to consider whether Scandal should still work as it currently does.

(If I recall correctly, you can defend against it with a Ward on your King, though.)
(11-10-2014, 08:53 PM)kevindusi Wrote: Since they only have 1 skeleton, can it be a supermajor (3 inf points)? Imagine the shock and horror to find out that someone so pious has been doing strange things to little boys (or something like that)!

Also, it might discourage an early tactic of having someone release their skeleton to effectively guard them against that the rest of the game, a la AN and DE.

I thought the AN and DE didn't have skeletons in the closet, for opposite reasons.
(11-10-2014, 09:04 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 08:53 PM)kevindusi Wrote: Since they only have 1 skeleton, can it be a supermajor (3 inf points)? Imagine the shock and horror to find out that someone so pious has been doing strange things to little boys (or something like that)!

I thought the AN and DE didn't have skeletons in the closet, for opposite reasons.

I think he meant that the Paladin might be tempted to 'confess' their skeleton early on if the penalty isn't very harsh. That way they won't have to worry about it later. Just like the DE and AN.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(11-10-2014, 09:47 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I think he meant that the Paladin might be tempted to 'confess' their skeleton early on if the penalty isn't very harsh. That way they won't have to worry about it later. Just like the DE and AN.

Yahtzee.

I just stink at explaining what's going on in my head at times.
-The Deliverer
I don't think there would be much point. Later on, somebody can cast conjure scandal and bring you down anyway.
(11-11-2014, 11:46 PM)DuPont Wrote: I don't think there would be much point. Later on, somebody can cast conjure scandal and bring you down anyway.

Unless you have a standing order for Ward on your king. Doesn't everyone on the HC do that?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.