Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous Warlords Contest
Come one; Come all (well ... three more)!

Test your mettle against three opponents while controlling three kingdoms. The other nine kingdoms are all enemies. A great format for testing how kingdoms work together. Also a great way to experience how the new 170/171 orders affect game play across three kingdoms at once instead of one at a time. What say you mighty lords?

Rules:
Anonymous = no communication of any type between/among players;
Victory = control six regions OR eliminate all your opponents;
Exploratory = no HP or HP orders until turn 4;
Kingdoms = random draft order with LD's assistance (once we ask him nicely).

Obviously we will know the names of the four players, but will not know which three kingdoms remained undrafted.

1. Lord Thanatos

Let's get this contest started!
Lord Thanatos

(10-13-2014, 03:51 PM)Lord Thanatos Wrote: Come one; Come all (well ... three more)!

Test your mettle against three opponents while controlling three kingdoms. The other nine kingdoms are all enemies. A great format for testing how kingdoms work together. Also a great way to experience how the new 170/171 orders affect game play across three kingdoms at once instead of one at a time. What say you mighty lords?

Rules:
Anonymous = no communication of any type between/among players;
Victory = control six regions OR eliminate all your opponents;
Exploratory = no HP or HP orders until turn 4;
Kingdoms = random draft order with LD's assistance (once we ask him nicely).

Obviously we will know the names of the four players, but will not know which three kingdoms remained undrafted.

1. Lord Thanatos

Let's get this contest started!

Three of my warlords just ended, so sign me up!

Bump...need my Warlords fix!

Bump again Smile

Check with your buddy Eli Manning, Will. I'm guessing he's going to have a lot more free time in the future... certainly around playoff time.
-The Deliverer

Too true, then again I'll wager dollar to donuts your friend Romo will have free time as well. The Cowgirls will fade down the stretch...they always do Smile

At least we'll have a stretch to fade down. Eli will be polishing his resume to serve as someone's backup in the near future.

And we're compensating for Romo by having a good running game again, finally. Play to your strengths, right?
-The Deliverer

There is a problemo with Romo? Doesn't he have the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the league? I mean of all-time. Demarco Murray on track to set the NFL single season rushing record. How 'bout that Cowboy D?

Romo had a stinker in week 1 vs. SF, after doing almost nothing in training camp. He's back in form now, but we are running the ball with authority, so we don't need Romo throwing for 400.

(10-20-2014, 08:04 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: There is a problemo with Romo? Doesn't he have the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the league? I mean of all-time. Demarco Murray on track to set the NFL single season rushing record. How 'bout that Cowboy D?

Romo had a stinker in week 1 vs. SF, after doing almost nothing in training camp. He's back in form now, but we are running the ball with authority, so we don't need Romo throwing for 400.

I would echo this, completely. I believe Will's comment was that we have a tendency to slip going into playoffs, and this can, to some extent, be placed at the feet of "errors in judgement" from Romo. If Murray can continue to run the way he has (if our offensive line holds up), then this becomes less of a concern.

At any rate, Will's a Giants fan and cannot be trusted.
-The Deliverer

The problem with Romo is that his QB rating is impressive in the regular season, but he chokes when it counts. Romo has been starter since 2006 and the Cowboys have won exactly one playoff game during that time (their first win since 1996). Murray? C'mon...stop drinking the Koolaid. He'll crash back to Earth shortly.

I know you cowboy fans are excited--you get excited every year--and it always ends the same way.