Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
(AESR) Anonymous Exploratory Steel Rex
(10-27-2014, 01:41 AM)Drogo Wrote: Welcome MadMardigan!

Should each player now send either 3 kingdoms they would like to play or 3 kingdoms they would not like to play to support?

Normally you would send those choices to signup@alamaze.co. Title it something like AESR Choices.

I will assign kingdoms.

Various things going on. today's processing behind. this game may not start until Thursday. I was willing to do it Sunday afternoon if it filled.

I hope the HellHound is recovering, that is the priority!

I thought we decided that players would list their 3 yes or no kingdoms and that you would assign from there Ry Vor, is that still ok? If so everyone should send in their preferences. If you are doing it differently let us know.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(10-28-2014, 02:39 PM)Drogo Wrote: I hope the HellHound is recovering, that is the priority!

I thought we decided that players would list their 3 yes or no kingdoms and that you would assign from there Ry Vor, is that still ok? If so everyone should send in their preferences. If you are doing it differently let us know.

I don't think everyone agreed with that, you and another said you would like that but Frost put out at posting that Admin would assign positions and RyVor said he would do that, no big deal we all are in same boat, lets just play. I kind of like waiting for first turn to see who I get. Have fun and make best of what ever kingdom you get. If you get a Kingdom you had before play it differently.....good luck.

(10-18-2014, 01:03 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Send either 3 preferences, or 3 "not those", or send nothing.

This.

(10-28-2014, 05:34 PM)Drogo Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 01:03 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Send either 3 preferences, or 3 "not those", or send nothing.

This.

Most in this game have not sent preferences, wanting the cards to fall where they may.

I am trying to catch up with processing - 5 games out today so far, still one due from yesterday and all of today's. Some turns likely go out late tonight.

Thanks for the concern on Aryia, she went to the vet yesterday, has to wear her cone for a week, but is a lot more active now then over the weekend which was pretty scary.

I only sent in a list of 3 kingdoms I did NOT want to play but I was given one of those kingdoms...

Maybe there is a player who wanted a completely randomly assigned kingdom would be amenable to trading? I don't even know if that's allowed. Worst comes to worst I'll put on my big boy pants and play it's just that I've been really looking forward to this game and its ironic that its one of the only kingdoms I really did not want play.

I haven't opened the kingdom files btw in case someone would like to step up and trade (presuming this is even allowed). I would take any other kingdom (!), so if you're not psyched about your selection you can mix it up.

#firstworldproblems Smile

(10-30-2014, 10:08 PM)Drogo Wrote: I only sent in a list of 3 kingdoms I did NOT want to play but I was given one of those kingdoms...

Maybe there is a player who wanted a completely randomly assigned kingdom would be amenable to trading? I don't even know if that's allowed. Worst comes to worst I'll put on my big boy pants and play it's just that I've been really looking forward to this game and its ironic that its one of the only kingdoms I really did not want play.

I haven't opened the kingdom files btw in case someone would like to step up and trade (presuming this is even allowed). I would take any other kingdom (!), so if you're not psyched about your selection you can mix it up.

#firstworldproblems Smile

I do not see how it could be allowed in an anon game. Even if you did not know who you were trading with they would know which kingdom you are playing. I would think the only thing you could do is not play the kingdom and let someone take it over from the standby list. Of course that would be a pretty crapy outcome considering how long the game took to start.

Yes, in the struggle to get this game started today, in assigning kingdoms, I missed the "not" and just saw the 3 kingdoms. Thought I was giving him his top choice. I have offered Drogo to join the forming full diplomacy game instead and that I can find a replacement in this game. Apologies. I'm actually shocked I don't make a lot more errors than I do given the complexity of the processes required.

I never really thought it mattered a great deal if you know who the player is, the point is that there is no contact and I think you're beholden to the honor system anyway. But I get what you're saying.

Also, I wouldn't personally mind a bit if one player knew which kingdom I have.