Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule 8/24 - 9/2/2014
For those that don't know, Ry Vor's daughter Vancaria will be getting married in a few days in a far away land.

Processing, game creation, support answers, invoicing (yeah!), will be in doubt from about now until around September 3rd.

I wanted my focus before my sojourn to be getting development stuff in a form to hand off to Cipher, as that affects everyone, and many are waiting patiently or otherwise on that to happen. But everyday it seems my day is consumed by other Alamaze matters, requests from players, normal processing requirements, seemingly lots of Turn 10 ESO's. I still get the feeling players think running a regular, non-ESO turn is like pressing a button. No, it averages an hour for a perfect turn with no player mishaps, no code infractions, no "please wait for me". An ESO turn takes me about 4 hours. Occasionally, odd as it may seem, I actually step away from my cauldron and minions of thralls that create the potions to make this all happen. This annoys some who write at midnight Friday or Saturday, or Sunday afternoon, wondering why something they asked about 12 hours ago hasn't been done.

If I create a game or two in the next 48 hours, I will get nothing to Cipher. Development will be pushed back for at least two weeks since he will not have anything to work on and I am gone. I only have hours left and here we are Saturday night, again.

I don't know about processing while I am gone. For the record, I haven't had a day away except the occasional Sunday since we came back in April, 2013. And getting my daughter married in a far away place is no vacation. So, try to be patient, as I have been with all of you at one time or another when turns are mislabeled, late, missing, or whatever.

Take as much time as you need, Rick. I know this is more a labor of love than anything that is going to make you rich and we all enjoy the hell out of playing the game. The last thing you need to do when walking your princess up the aisle is to be worrying about Alamaze - let the world turn without you for a while. Obviously it's a testament to your creation how much we long for each new turn and game, but we'll not die while you enjoy some well-earned family time.
Have a great time at the wedding. Please don't kill the groom and all his relatives, though.

(08-24-2014, 12:35 AM)DuPont Wrote: Take as much time as you need, Rick. I know this is more a labor of love than anything that is going to make you rich and we all enjoy the hell out of playing the game. The last thing you need to do when walking your princess up the aisle is to be worrying about Alamaze - let the world turn without you for a while. Obviously it's a testament to your creation how much we long for each new turn and game, but we'll not die while you enjoy some well-earned family time.
Have a great time at the wedding. Please don't kill the groom and all his relatives, though.

OK, ok - no Fireballs, I swear. Maybe a Stun though, that's alright, isn't it?

Try to enjoy your week. The new games can wait to get started. With no Alamaze games going now and Valhalla done, I may actually spend a little time with my family or get some chores done around the house. OR.... I can dedicate some quaility time to Age of Wonders III!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(08-24-2014, 12:35 AM)DuPont Wrote: Take as much time as you need, Rick. I know this is more a labor of love than anything that is going to make you rich and we all enjoy the hell out of playing the game. The last thing you need to do when walking your princess up the aisle is to be worrying about Alamaze - let the world turn without you for a while. Obviously it's a testament to your creation how much we long for each new turn and game, but we'll not die while you enjoy some well-earned family time.

This, I could not have said this better!
Podium player returning to the conflict!

Congratulations to the happy couple!
And to the proud parents!
Enjoy your time away.

Congratulations Rick. Take the time, enjoy yourself.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

Congratulations to happy couple and to all the parents!

Enjoy your well deserved time off.

Rick....enjoy your break....the realms of Alamaze will await your return. Congratulations on your daughters' impending nuptials.

While there are few things in the world more important than Alamaze, I believe walking one's daughter down the aisle might just be one of themSmile. Enjoy the festivities and post a video of yourself boogying away at the reception...

Best wishes to the happy couple and may they enjoy a lifetime of love and contentment!

Regards,

Will