Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla
I think the game Stats should be in the first post as Valhalla is opened for a game.

To me, the more stats the merrier. I don't care if I finish dead last - I usually don't care about the scores. It's just if I had fun or not - and I nearly always do. I'm very happy with the reports I've seen you producing.

Individual game stats might encourage people to not attack good players and create a de facto gang up on a less accomplished player and then the whole thing becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where low-rated players continue to get knocked out early.

I propose we continue to have a healthy amount of games started up for beginners and mid level players only.

We could actually use the individual player ratings to bracket players into a division, like they do in chess tournaments.

I think the experienced-only game, 130, had a lot of positive reviews over the fact that few people dropped. I think that having the experienced players play each other more would encourage players staying in the game more.

Plus, then the overall kingdom stats would have more meaning since the top-rated kingdom would have come out of a mix of similarly capable players and it wouldn't just be Jumping Fist's favorite kingdom.

(08-14-2014, 01:21 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Individual game stats might encourage people to not attack good players and create a de facto gang up on a less accomplished player and then the whole thing becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where low-rated players continue to get knocked out early.

Funny, I think the stats will have the opposite effect. Veteran players are the ons who will have to work harder and play better once the newer players know who their targets should be. Running scared from a player with better stats than you will not help you climb any of the ladders.

Would you agree to an alliance with a player when it is obvious that by doing so you are giving them the game? Might not less experienced players seek one another out for alliances now that they can easily identify one another?

I think that the game will get deeper and a helluva lot more complicated, diplomatically, with all this in the open.

I am ready to post everything as soon as Rick gets his last bit sorted out. The delay, I am sure, can be attributed to his wanting to make certain everything is done just right. This is going to be a major addition to Alamaze.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I'm excited for it. All the information is available on the site for those who wish to ID the relative experience of players. When I started my first game, I made an Excel document showing how many games the players in my game had played and how they did, etc. Trust me, it affected how I approached the game, including diplomacy. It just took a little more combing through the Sign up and Valhalla forums than it will now.