Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspense & Decision
(07-07-2014, 08:36 PM)ixnay Wrote: I, as assistant regional manager of Suspense & Decision, would like to get someone to write an Alamaze article for a secret purpose. The article won't be secret, but ... well, nevermind. Just write an Alamaze article and send it to me via PM. Not necessarily looking for an expansive review -- something focused on a specific topic would be highly encouraged. Here are some ideas:

- Strategy and Tactics for your favorite Alamaze kingdom
- My favorite battle: before, during, and after
- Alamaze: your first 10 turns
- Alamaze metagame: how to sell your services to other players
- Nerfing is your friend: how Alamaze has achieved play balance
- Why the Alamaze magic system shines

These can be short. One or two pages can go a long way (for my secret purposes...)

Still looking for contributions for this upcoming issue of Suspense & Decision! Write an article, and you'll be giving back to the game, the magazine, and the PBM hobby in general. (And there's that nice half-price setup on your next Alamaze game, that Ry Vor is throwing in...)

Send to me via PM here, or email pbm.dog@gmail.com

Ixnay,

What size articles are you looking for? Does it range from a close or overwhelming battle full of details, or an article on the stealthier aspects of Alamaze?

Any size! Whatever you are motivated to write! We will edit if necessary, we will format it, we will lay it all out with your name as the byline. If you have images or drawings to go with it, that's fine -- just send them to me. If it's an especially long article, it will go up as a full feature. If it's not especially long, I have a nefarious (and entertaining) plan for how to roll it in.

(07-17-2014, 07:23 PM)ixnay Wrote: Any size! Whatever you are motivated to write! We will edit if necessary, we will format it, we will lay it all out with your name as the byline. If you have images or drawings to go with it, that's fine -- just send them to me. If it's an especially long article, it will go up as a full feature. If it's not especially long, I have a nefarious (and entertaining) plan for how to roll it in.

Nefarious. He, he.

I'm doing one on the various versions of Alamaze we have. But there are so many things we could write about: the community, the different strategies with different kingdoms or in depth on one kingdom, how new players acclimate, how the mid-game is different from the beginning, some diplomacy techniques. All that and everything else fair game.

You can also submit fiction, from the role-playing aspect associated with the game, or just an artistic doodle of Rick McDowell.