Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Royal
The primeval format got me thinking maybe a fun format would be to have Amberland open and 9 players all fighting for first to take control and claim victory after T5 wins. No other regions matter only Amberland. Basically have two player enforced rules. Like primeval no trading of any kind and no 160 orders in Amberland.

9 players EL, WI, DW, DA, RA, BL, DE, UN, TR. Really could be any number of players though.

Not sure if someone could really win this though I think more strategy than one might think.

Pretty interesting.

Lots of intrigue, agents would be even more important.

To win you need to control Amberland for 2 turns straight.

By the end of turn 6, you need to own at least 1 pop center in Amberland. If you don't own at least one pop center there from turn 6 onward you are out of the game.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

I'm not sure I agree with Lord Brogan. I remember when I was young and impressionable and loved Hulk Hogan... you could be out of the ring for a bit and not be disqualified. I would say you need to control Amberland for 3 straight, and no rule about not having a pop center there. 2 turns can be done if you're fast enough. 3 turns is not quite impossible, but pretty close. All but guarantees the game goes a while.

PS. I'm in, and want to play as the UN, please.
-The Deliverer

I think we could arrange it so that natural enemies existed for all but UN (as per usual) or nix them completely. I would be in favor of leaving them, though this is not at all why I wanted to play UN.
-The Deliverer

(05-09-2014, 07:24 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I'm not sure I agree with Lord Brogan. I remember when I was young and impressionable and loved Hulk Hogan... you could be out of the ring for a bit and not be disqualified. I would say you need to control Amberland for 3 straight, and no rule about not having a pop center there. 2 turns can be done if you're fast enough. 3 turns is not quite impossible, but pretty close. All but guarantees the game goes a while.

PS. I'm in, and want to play as the UN, please.

The reason I listed that requirement would be to add some on going pressure to the game. If you need a pop center there then 9 people will need a presence in the region by turn 6, think of the chaos! Not to mention it keeps some kings from hanging out on the sidelines letting other people fight while they build up. Just my opinion but facing permant exits from the game may make it a real lively affair. Think of the stories for people who held on to 1 village on Amberland while duking it out.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

Trouble with requiring a presence in Amberland is it creates work for our GMs they would have to check. My goal was a format that they could just set-up and we do our thing.

For control I do not think multiple turns is required as it should be very hard to get it one turn and kudos to the one brave enough to risk claiming victory the turn they actually get it. Everyone knows only 1 region matters so not likely anyone is going to just sit by.

I actually really like the UN in this also, that is why I put him in there instead of the gnome.

What about instead of three turns straight owning Amberland it is you have owned it for a total of three turns. I think three straight is next to impossible with 8 others breathing down your back but I could see someone owning it two turns getting smacked and then coming back again. Still would need to make the claim. This would give everyone notice if you have taken it before they better put the beat down on you or risk a victory.