Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attrition
(12-20-2014, 03:08 AM)Acererak Wrote: Wanted to revisit this thread. I'm noticing my kingdom brigades are disappearing a lot more frequently than the cannon fodder I've recruited to protect them. How do we make sure that our kingdom brigades are protected? Do you have to do 235 a lot more frequently?

I noticed that this is more true for some kingdoms more than others.   BL I can see loosing them the kingdom brigades are not much better than the wyverns but the one I noticed that seemed a bit odd to me was the RA also seems to loose his kingdom brigades rather easily.   GI and RD you have to try and loose them if you have one or two buffer guys very hard to loose a kingdom brigade.

(12-20-2014, 03:24 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 03:08 AM)Acererak Wrote: Wanted to revisit this thread. I'm noticing my kingdom brigades are disappearing a lot more frequently than the cannon fodder I've recruited to protect them. How do we make sure that our kingdom brigades are protected? Do you have to do 235 a lot more frequently?

I noticed that this is more true for some kingdoms more than others.   BL I can see loosing them the kingdom brigades are not much better than the wyverns but the one I noticed that seemed a bit odd to me was the RA also seems to loose his kingdom brigades rather easily.   GI and RD you have to try and loose them if you have one or two buffer guys very hard to loose a kingdom brigade.

Hey JF, yes indeed. Ranger- losing them all the time it seems even with veterans around.

(12-20-2014, 06:05 AM)Acererak Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 03:24 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:

Hey JF, yes indeed. Ranger- losing them all the time it seems even with veterans around.

Are the Veterans there in a greater ratio to the kingdom brigades?   If you take big losses you will likely loose some kingdom troops now.   With small losses and lots of buffer troops I have been safe.

Nope, they are not the majority. I understand that it's possible you lose kingdom brigades- but it's also a long standing game tactic for boardgames and the like that the army owner chooses losses. That's almost always the default. I suppose it's just not very clear how it works. We hear about defensive values all of the time for troops and that is part of the formula for this as well but those are not published anywhere.

I guess its not realistic to expect all players to read everything on the forum, but we did post something to this end a couple weeks ago.

Defensive value is weighted x2, and brigade count as x1.  So if Rangers have a defensive value of 1.7, and Veterans 1.0, if there is 1 brigade of each type, and one brigade is lost, it will be Veteran.   If there are 4 Ranger brigades and 1 Veteran, and one brigade is lost, it will be Ranger.

(12-21-2014, 07:32 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I guess its not realistic to expect all players to read everything on the forum, but we did post something to this end a couple weeks ago.

Defensive value is weighted x2, and brigade count as x1.  So if Rangers have a defensive value of 1.7, and Veterans 1.0, if there is 1 brigade of each type, and one brigade is lost, it will be Veteran.   If there are 4 Ranger brigades and 1 Veteran, and one brigade is lost, it will be Ranger.

This was also a topic of discussion when the troop loss formulas were changed.  I think Acererak might not have been playing at that time.