Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings on HIST
Anyone watching? History Channel (269 Directtv). First episode of season two was impressive. Next one starts in a couple minutes.

So when do we get the Barbarian Kingdom back in Alamaze?

I agree. My first thought last night was bring back Warlord Beowulf!

Vikings is a pretty cool show.

(03-08-2014, 01:49 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: I agree. My first thought last night was bring back Warlord Beowulf!

What would the Barbarian special rules be?

Give them a special recruit order that effectively lets them exceed the two recruit limit in a town or maybe even a villages. That with cheap troop cost makes for a nice horde. Difference from troll they have good leaders and but are human so basically average strength just lots of them.
I do not remember a barbarian set-up but remember I had a good time playing them and had standing orders to recruit. Never stop moving

(03-08-2014, 02:16 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 01:49 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: I agree. My first thought last night was bring back Warlord Beowulf!

Female emissaries would want to be ravished by them.

All joking aside, I'd have to think about it but they'd get some sort of sea bonus for sure. Also the same way the DW gets a shot at the short name of the Axe of Farin, they should have the same for the Sword of Alvinitar.
You probably don't want to code this, but they should be able to attack a pop center on a 1 and raid it - not take it, but carry away 75% of the production for the turn with little or no loss to them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Viking special rules

Emmys and Leaders that are hard to kidnap/assassinate like the Ranger.

Improve their starting leaders.

High tolerance to attrition before loosing a kingdom briade. That would allow them to replinish kingdom brigades via order 560/235.

Increase their reinforcement schedule to 3 brigades every 5 turns as more ships continue to show up.

Allow them to build ships at a reduced cost.

(03-07-2014, 02:35 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Anyone watching? History Channel (269 Directtv). First episode of season two was impressive. Next one starts in a couple minutes.

I love that show. The only thing I dislike is when they blow their nose in the water barrell. Smile
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-08-2014, 03:25 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: Vikings is a pretty cool show.

[/quote]

Viking special rules

Emmys and Leaders that are hard to kidnap/assassinate like the Ranger.

Improve their starting leaders.

High tolerance to attrition before loosing a kingdom briade. That would allow them to replinish kingdom brigades via order 560/235.

Increase their reinforcement schedule to 3 brigades every 5 turns as more ships continue to show up.

Allow them to build ships at a reduced cost.
[/quote]

How about ships arrive with reinforcements so they become part of your navy.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN