Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valhalla February 2014
(06-15-2014, 01:11 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 07:34 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Is there is a clear definition of what each peer commendation is supposed to be for? Does anyone else actually look at those?

Its the most important part of Valhalla. Jumpingfist is helping with that. I will update the Citizenship.

That wasn't what I was asking. I am not very clear on what we should be looking for in these commendations. Iron Willed, in particular.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-15-2014, 01:51 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(06-14-2014, 07:34 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Is there is a clear definition of what each peer commendation is supposed to be for? Does anyone else actually look at those?

Its the most important part of Valhalla. Jumpingfist is helping with that. I will update the Citizenship.

That wasn't what I was asking. I am not very clear on what we should be looking for in these commendations. Iron Willed, in particular.

Going through the posts iron willed seems people are consistent on the voting either someone that took there lumps and stayed tell the end or someone that got hit really hard but came back to make an impact. Infamous would be the one the voting is all over the place from what I have seen.

(06-15-2014, 01:51 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:

This was discussed quite a bit before the first Valhalla came out. There is no objective criteria, no points: it is a nomination by their peers in the contest.

For the benefit of those newer to these lands:

Chancellor. Mentor-like performance. May have sacrificed some of his own victory potential to assist a newer player (not an experienced ally that would be expected to repay the favor). Likely gave hard won info in-game, and rules knowledge to the newer player, again without expecting to benefit from it.

Iron-Willed. This is the subject described in various threads, but more specifically, to a player who overcame great odds and hung in there battling hard, not necessarily to the bitter end, but well beyond expectations.

Infamous. This is anything that made this game memorable for you. That Troll who negotiated in Troll (Tripwire comes to mind). The diabolical guy who you could never quite catch in the act. The polite trash talker (I think Dusi has his picture there), the brilliant strategist, the guy who brought humor to everything - again, whatever will make you remember this particular campaign above most others.

Thank you.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.