Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game #114 - Steel
I played the AN in this game. Starting off, I talked first to the TR to see if we could work together. It looked like we could, so we agreed to split Torvale with him getting control. I was happy with this because for my ESO I only needed one substantial and one significant. I figured if I wasn't controlling regions, I would look like less than a threat and could 'sneak up' on my SVC (which required two controlled regions and another substantial one (along with some other stuff that was all doable).

We took control of Torvale without opposition and then, as previously agreed, we went after the EL. He went down pretty easily – quit after a couple turns of being hit on. Then the first complication arose – the WI also started to show up in Oakendell with the UN in tow. To some extent, I thought they were poaching – we were the ones who knocked out the EL – but the WI made the case that they had invested a fair amount into moving into the region and wouldn't pull back without some of the spoils. I was getting the significant I'd need for my ESO, so I reluctantly agreed, even though this meant I was having to let the UN take over a couple of PCs that I'd already secured. I was thinking that if it came close to me getting my ESO, the TR would throw a couple of PCs my way to tip me where I needed to go (and in fact, he's offered to do this unsolicited by me).

Now I needed a new place to go and I chose Runnimede. The GN was controlling the region and I divined all of his PCs. I moved in with a massive invasion that involved every one of his PCs except for his capital and the city. Now here's where things got interesting.

I'd expected that the GN would fight back (of course). I even though that the UN (who was allied with him) would help him out. What I did NOT expect was that the UN would break the agreement that split Oakendell and move into my PCs there. I sent messages to the WI complaining about what I saw as a broken treaty and then directly to the UN. There was a bunch of back and forth, but at the end of the day, the UN felt that by me attacking his ally, he was free to break our agreement. I didn't and don't agree with his interpretation and immediately threw all other plans in the air and decided to focus single-mindedly on pounding him into dust. I expressed to the UN player that I wouldn't carry a grudge from game to game (because that's really petty) but in the context of this game, he was my eternal enemy for being an oathbreaker.

The TR also moved into Runnimede which was a big help and we soon knocked the GN out of control. I expected the counter-attack into Torvale and wasn't surprised that they enlisted more allies – the DE and the BL in this case. There was the usual back and forth – the TR lost control of Torvale. I would have probably been a bit more efficient in my moves, but I was putting a priority on finding and crushing UN forces.

Thanks to the WA and a timely artifact loan, I got my ESO which was a big help. I'd lost one of my consuls doing a HP order (and would eventually lose another the same way – in each case, it was the first time I used them to do that. I know the rate is supposed to be 10% but in this game, it was 50% death for using a consul as a HP.)

Eventually, I got tried of the game. The UN was going down, though he had a well-defended capital that was producing a lot – but then he had to drop because in real life, I understand he was deployed. I really do wish him well and my hat's off to him, but I was sorry he dropped because I wanted to finish crushing him for his oath-breaking. I contacted the WI to see if he was close to his ESO and he was except he needed a couple more artifacts. I offered up one of mine (and he was able to secure a couple of others, I understand). Had he not been close, I would have talked to the WA and seen if he was close. I didn't have any beef with the GN (I attacked him, after all) but I had no interest in seeing the BL or the DE win.

So that's it! As cheesed off as I was about the UN's actions, once the game is over, it's over. Looking forward to starting the next one!

Messages In This Thread
Game #114 - Steel - by Ry Vor - 01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by Jumbie - 01-10-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by Keeope - 01-10-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by Mauler - 01-11-2014, 03:37 AM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by DuPont - 01-11-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by VballMichael - 01-11-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by The Gray Mouser - 01-11-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by Iatronas - 01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Game #114 - Steel - by Lord Diamond - 08-18-2014, 05:38 PM