Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spells
I like all the suggestions. They can be tweaked, of course, but the spell lists are sorely in need of an overhaul. If the only reason you raise your wizards is so you can teleport bigger groups, there is a problem. Each level of each kingdom should have at least one spell that the player will be thrilled to get.

I would even say that the spell lists might benefit from reducing the number of spells available at each level. There is some room for really differentiating the wizard kingdoms so that each is very powerful, yet very different from the others.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-06-2014, 11:00 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I like all the suggestions. They can be tweaked, of course, but the spell lists are sorely in need of an overhaul. If the only reason you raise your wizards is so you can teleport bigger groups, there is a problem. Each level of each kingdom should have at least one spell that the player will be thrilled to get.

I would even say that the spell lists might benefit from reducing the number of spells available at each level. There is some room for really differentiating the wizard kingdoms so that each is very powerful, yet very different from the others.

My favorites were LICH form and Release the Kraken!
Adding to LDs idea of kingdoms being different maybe make some kingdoms presence be pure offensive and others be pure defensive based on kingdom traits some would stay balanced.

Another idea would be to allow a wizard to cast two spells at half there level this would for sure make getting those wizards to high levels worth while.
I think we need more kingdom-specific spells, such as Ancient Intervention.
-The Deliverer
Warlock could get teleport others group at levels 7 - 10. Brigade - army group.
Sorcerer invisible PC lvl 7-9. Vill - city
Witch lord the Lich spell from uncle mike.
(06-06-2014, 01:56 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I think we need more kingdom-specific spells, such as Ancient Intervention.

Wait, what? What is up with Dusi's new avatar? Is that a Gnome incubator in the background?
Another spell idea.

With leaders dropping all the time maybe a spell to raise an undead leader that will not die from standard battle damage but is still vulnerable to a kill leader spell. I am thinking this would be more for evil pure mages and possible very evil non pure mages like the demon prince at a high magic level.

Summon Lost Hero: a spell that takes place before the 110 order.
The turn after a hero has died in combat the hero can be brought back as an undead leader of the troops the hero will come back one full level lower ie a general would become a captain but will then advance normally except being immune to death by assassination and standard combat damage. A slot must be open for the undead hero to fill.
Or how about turning your leader into an undead character that no can longer advance, but can also no longer die a normal death? Like the Create Wraith spell..
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Lots of possibilities. Could be an illusion that lasts one turn. Or something weird like he actually starts high a warrior from the past but as others learn his tactics that do bit change he becomes less effective. So he actually degrades battle to battle.
Spell of Concealment: Prevents magical scrying in a particular area that turn.

Magical Fog: Prevents magical scrying in 8 different areas, all touching.
 Lord Diamond