Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game #107 - Team Game won by Guardians of Truth
My Secret Society had a 2-part NAP with the Guardians of Truth towards the end of the game. The first part was that none would attempt an individual victory. The second was a NAP with a 3-turn cancellation clause. We invoked the cancellation clause after most of the other players dropped, but the Guardians attacked a turn early and managed to snag the team victory.

While this will make much more cautious with our NAPs in the future, namely who we NAP with, we must congratulate them for their excellent play. It should be noted that had we also betrayed the NAP the same turn, there is no way that they would have had 7-regions. We had nobles, agents, and wizards in place to make certain they did not have control on the next turn. There are no hard feelings in any case. It's a game, after all.

We spent most of the game attempting to eliminate the BL-UN-WI. That, and retrieving artifacts. Well, the Gnome and the Sorcerer retrieved artifacts while I watched with envy! By the end of the game we had 21 of them, worth a total of 7400 status points. I can't tell you how many times we divined various Portals while trying to find the Key to the Ring of Power. We had the location of the Ring, but the key was beyond our reach.

My Red Dragons lost all their wizards along the way, which made me very sad. Although militarily strong, I also had a boatload of agents and nobles.

The SO did end up with a P-10 wizard, thanks to the Ring of Spells he lifted from an inattentive Warlock, so that was pretty cool even if he didn't get the spell list for it. He was one turn away from destroying a bunch of towns and villages; missing that opportunity is perhaps the biggest tragedy of the Guardians declaring victory when they did!

The Gnome went a little crazy with 'Hidden Ore' spells. One town produced over 37k and he even had a village producing 16k. He seemed to enjoy it, however. He is most upset that his Seven Gnome Governors (Doc, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, and DDoc (he has a stutter) didn't get to do much.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game #107 - Team Game won by Guardians of Truth - by Lord Diamond - 12-26-2013, 04:02 PM