Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent Recon Proposal
Now that High Priestesses cost 0.5 Influence in addition to 18K gold, I propose that orders 976 and 978 be combined. It just doesn't make sense to me that an agent that can go over the ground thoroughly enough to find a small unusual sighting, but would fail to note a town or village in the same area (as for 977, at least groups move, so I can see keeping it as a separate order). It's very frustrating to have scouted 4 regions for US (and found none), then discover later that all 4 had villages and your agents just forgot to mention it.

(12-03-2013, 01:11 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: Now that High Priestesses cost 0.5 Influence in addition to 18K gold, I propose that orders 976 and 978 be combined. It just doesn't make sense to me that an agent that can go over the ground thoroughly enough to find a small unusual sighting, but would fail to note a town or village in the same area (as for 977, at least groups move, so I can see keeping it as a separate order). It's very frustrating to have scouted 4 regions for US (and found none), then discover later that all 4 had villages and your agents just forgot to mention it.

I don't see your correlation between the HP and combining agent orders. but I can see your point on the investigation part of the agent.

I do like the thought of combining those orders, however I personally feel that a higher level agent of 6 or higher should be used, with a chance for being killed in the wild. A level 4 for that order I think is "overpowered" for lack of a better term.
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".
The correlation is tenuous, admittedly, but the idea is that hiring a HP is a lot more expensive now overall.

I'd agree with either the Agent 6 OR a chance to be lost (say, 10%?) But requiring both sound a bit restrictive. Also, an Agent 6 isn't available to most kingdoms before turn 3 or 4.

Really, what promoted this was the absurdity of my agents seaching all those places for artifacts, but I had zero idea there was a population center there. That's just....unlikely.

In Fall of Rome, an L4 or higher agent can recon 4 areas and report on all sightings: US, PC, Groups.

I plan to bring that to 3rd Cycle.
(12-03-2013, 11:19 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: In Fall of Rome, an L4 or higher agent can recon 4 areas and report on all sightings: US, PC, Groups.

Sweet!
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".
(12-03-2013, 11:49 PM)Wynterbreeze Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 11:19 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: In Fall of Rome, an L4 or higher agent can recon 4 areas and report on all sightings: US, PC, Groups.

Sweet!

That is cool. It will make that order a lot more useful.