Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact stacking
Can't find answer in any threads. Do artifact powers stack? If my agent has 2 daggers, do their additional assassination chances stack? Likewise, 2 weapon artifacts with a group? Seems like they should if we think of agents as a team of agents and groups as having numerous leaders....
Stacking is a fair assumption, but coding on specific artifacts and caps/limits may impact that
That's good to know I suppose but it still means we have no idea how it works for any specific artifact nor do we have any real way of figuring it out in gsme.

(11-27-2013, 04:52 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: That's good to know I suppose but it still means we have no idea how it works for any specific artifact nor do we have any real way of figuring it out in gsme.

I really don't want Alamaze to boil down to who has the best calculator and reverse-engineered algorithms.

I would think one assassin is no better with two daggers than one. But I would bet two leaders in a single group can each wield effectively a weapon artifact in a single battle.
(11-27-2013, 04:05 PM)Cipher Wrote: Stacking is a fair assumption, but coding on specific artifacts and caps/limits may impact that

Did you just say maybe, yes and no, all for the same question? Smile
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".
(11-27-2013, 09:43 PM)Wynterbreeze Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 04:05 PM)Cipher Wrote: Stacking is a fair assumption, but coding on specific artifacts and caps/limits may impact that

Did you just say maybe, yes and no, all for the same question? Smile

Perhaps.
(11-27-2013, 05:42 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 04:52 PM)Cargus10 Wrote: That's good to know I suppose but it still means we have no idea how it works for any specific artifact nor do we have any real way of figuring it out in gsme.

I really don't want Alamaze to boil down to who has the best calculator and reverse-engineered algorithms.

I would think one assassin is no better with two daggers than one. But I would bet two leaders in a single group can each wield effectively a weapon artifact in a single battle.
One wonders, though, if two rings of protection are better than one? Logic tells me yes, so I'm going to go with that. If I'm wrong, well, no biggie. I do agree that I don't just want it to come down to cold numbers. Funny given my initial claim to fame had to do with figuring out how emissaries worked, I know...
In another thread, Cipher confirmed Rings of Protection stack to some extent (I believe with diminishing returns).
(11-27-2013, 05:42 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:

No, I don't want that either. But we should have some idea, not of the formula, but if the stacked artifact had any effect at all. I suppose we could try it 100 times and calculate the odds, but even then other unknown factors could have come into play.