Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal of Seeing
What's that

I agree.  I think there is not enough reconnaissance done, and that's the best artifact for that.  Maybe not my most creative name for an artifact.

There are now (meaning 3rd Cycle) traits that provide some intrinsic recon.  And there will be some 3rd Cycle artifacts available at setup (customization) that provide recon. 

I really think 3rd Cycle will be the best PBEM ever.  Bold words, I guess.  But that's part of why I'm going a little slow to sort out the balancing and other issues.  There is still quite a bit to do.

I'm pretty absorbed with the new kingdoms, not doing that much with the existing kingdoms, as I don't think any of them need much adjustment.  That, along with the other changes we have posted about, like the new HP model, obviously the traits, the naval changes, new artifacts and improvements to existing artifacts, new spells, etc.

(07-26-2015, 04:07 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I agree.  I think there is not enough reconnaissance done, and that's the best artifact for that.  Maybe not my most creative name for an artifact.

There are now (meaning 3rd Cycle) traits that provide some intrinsic recon.  And there will be some 3rd Cycle artifacts available at setup (customization) that provide recon. 

I really think 3rd Cycle will be the best PBEM ever.  Bold words, I guess.  But that's part of why I'm going a little slow to sort out the balancing and other issues.  There is still quite a bit to do.

I'm pretty absorbed with the new kingdoms, not doing that much with the existing kingdoms, as I don't think any of them need much adjustment.  That, along with the other changes we have posted about, like the new HP model, obviously the traits, the naval changes, new artifacts and improvements to existing artifacts, new spells, etc.

"I think there is not enough reconnaissance done . . ."

You must only be reading the turn reports for the newer players.  I guarantee that anyone in the top 20 status points spends too damn many orders on reconnaissance.  It is essential.  The Crystal of Seeing is definitely a top-tier artifact.
Lord Thanatos

LT: Make that the top 40 players....so I can be in that group. :-)
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

I do a lot of recons, but it never seems like enough.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.