Poll: What should be the Standard Victory Condition?
This poll is closed.
As is - Control 5 regions
8.70%
2 8.70%
Control 4 regions
60.87%
14 60.87%
Control 3 regions for 2 turns
30.43%
7 30.43%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential New Standard Victory Condition
(11-08-2013, 12:09 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: But why wouldn't the same apply for someone trying to take four regions? Realistically, people start getting targets on their heads as soon as they take a SECOND region, much less a third.

I think four regions is as insurmountable a goal for standard victory as five regions. Anyone who has a SVC of substantial in four will take their SVC before someone can control four regions.

I have to pipe in with HeadHoncho here. I'm not getting that 3 regions is too easy and 4 is just right. Someone who has controlled 4 regions might convince me. Please post.

I should tell people in Fall of Rome the community did not like the secret victory, because they thought it cheated them from their strategy of standard. Here, in Alamaze, such a discussion would never come up as the current differences are so extreme.

I just have to say, another ambiguity to me, is how old time Alamaze players are so resistant to change, where you would think they would be most open to open new avenues, and as after all, for new players, its all new.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential New Standard Victory Condition - by Ry Vor - 11-08-2013, 05:37 PM