Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notification of Game Changes
I think that changes to the game should be broadcast on the Forums, via email, AND in the game. Not every players studies the Forums everyday and I'd hate for someone to have their game ruined because they missed a post.

We know it's possible to post changes in game because Phil did it all the time. If that is no longer feasible, why not notify via email?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Agreed.

Agree generally, although if you want to avoid too-lengthy rules update notifications (and also drive more traffic to the forums), you could perhaps make a general global reference within the game turns about significant impending changes to the game, along with a forum link.

(10-09-2013, 02:29 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I think that changes to the game should be broadcast on the Forums, via email, AND in the game. Not every players studies the Forums everyday and I'd hate for someone to have their game ruined because they missed a post.

We know it's possible to post changes in game because Phil did it all the time. If that is no longer feasible, why not notify via email?

Agree x 3

Will the Rules be updated as well so we can reference everything?
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

In the game seems like a clear no-brainer. Right before spell lists could be an announcement area. Totally appreciate Cipher and Rick being transparent on here but more is always better.

I like the idea of the announcements section at the end of the official turn. Then the spell lists can come afterwards.