Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamaze map
Can we assume cities stay in the same regions from game to game (i.e., Avalon and Evanon are both in Amberland in every game), or do they move? It is opined in numerous posts that there are 3 basic maps and the experienced players therefore know where things are from game to game. True or not? Sorry if these are answered elsewhere; I could not find this info.
Avalon is in Torvale. Back in the day, it would depend on what 'cycle' you were playing as to where the cities would fall. Right at the moment, they are static.
(09-12-2013, 11:56 AM)DuPont Wrote: Avalon is in Torvale. Back in the day, it would depend on what 'cycle' you were playing as to where the cities would fall. Right at the moment, they are static.

I think the 3 basic maps comment refers to the boundaries on the regions. Not the location of the PC's.

At one time RSI ran an Alamaze version where there were a limited number of starting maps with fixed PC locations.

As far as I know that is not the way are current maps are being generated.

Hope that helps,

Hawk
Cities have been known to fall in different regions on different maps/cycles.
Currently, the same map is being used for all games.
There will be notification of a different map (regional boundaries, city location changes, but no terrain changes) that will precede the start of a game, but may or may not include the specifics of the map changes.
Thanks for the quick responses folks; i really appreciate how quickly the experienced folks answer stuff on the forum. So is there a list of which cities are in which regions? Some are obvious, but 3-4 appear like they could be a couple of places (like my mistake about Avalon).
Meridon/Avalon in Torvale
Evanon/Zarathon in Amberland

The others should be identifiable with their region on a 1:1 basis.
You rock, thanks. Guess i will just have to take over a couple of regions, then it won't matter.