Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order 510 name conflict
For Order 510 (hire a new emissary), a player submits a name for the new emissary/agent/priestess that has to be unique to their kingdom. This is easy enough but what if another kingdom holds one of your emissaries as prisoner, should the player also consider any former emissaries of theirs (now prisoners) as well? If not and that prisoner escapes, the kingdom will have two emissaries with the same name. How does the software handle this situation?

I believe, but don't know, that while your kidnapped emissary remains alive, you cannot name another emissary with the same two starting characters in his name.

(09-11-2013, 07:36 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: ...while your kidnapped emissary remains alive...

How will you know if your kidnapped emissary is still alive at the time that you issue order 510?

Could be one way to find out if the emissary is still alive? I'd bet the game then would assign you a random name.

(09-13-2013, 02:47 AM)Iatronas Wrote: Could be one way to find out if the emissary is still alive? I'd bet the game then would assign you a random name.

Order 385 will also reveal life or death. FYI

In fact, the computer can (and has) given out duplicate names. In one game, I gave a name that the computer didn't like - I think it was the same name as a general and that caused a problem so it gave it a random name - said random name had the same two first letters as my king. Caused all kind of problems until I realized and got it fixed.

We have an item on the development list to add a section to the results showing emmies lost/captured.
The possiblility of a Resurrection spell would preclude re-using even expired emmie's names.