Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Anonymous Game
(10-18-2013, 04:44 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Might be unworkable, just brainstorming. Smile

Probably the only way we get this game moving anytime soon.

I think it would actually work just fine, people would still select secretly, ranking all Kingdoms in order, then Rick would apply a top-to-bottom, then bottom-to-top selection order. Once the Kingdoms were all selected, the pairings (but not identities) would then be disclosed.

Might not be worth the hassle, though. Or alternatively, maybe we could have an anonymous game where each player controls one of the four three-Kingdom teams that they're using in 116. Just a thought! Since we have six in the queue right now, I bet we could probably get a steady stream of those games going, especially if they were priced comparably to Warlords games.

To reiterate: just brainstorming. No worries at all if none of this works.

(10-18-2013, 05:38 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I think it would actually work just fine, people would still select secretly, ranking all Kingdoms in order, then Rick would apply a top-to-bottom, then bottom-to-top selection order. Once the Kingdoms were all selected, the pairings (but not identities) would then be disclosed.

Might not be worth the hassle, though. Or alternatively, maybe we could have an anonymous game where each player controls one of the four three-Kingdom teams that they're using in 116. Just a thought! Since we have six in the queue right now, I bet we could probably get a steady stream of those games going, especially if they were priced comparably to Warlords games.

To reiterate: just brainstorming. No worries at all if none of this works.

Oh it's a mental exercise but it's fun.

I think the 4 person game would be a bit too "thin". Part of the fun of the anonymity is having several unknowns to deal with and to try and figure out their styles and possible actions based on fairly minimal data. Siz would work I think, but 4 may not be quite enough.

I would be amenable to controlling two kingdoms in this type of scenario.

I prefer this type of game where people do not come into the game working together.

I like where you are going with this.